Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Ewave Chest Freezer questions

Old 05-31-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 24 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 338 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Ewave Chest Freezer questions

I found a 7.2 cu ft chest freezer at Menards for $177, brand was Ewave. I've never heard of it or seen it mentioned on this site. Does anyone know anything about it?

I googled it and find very little. However, it does come up with Magic Chef so I'm guessing it is a rebadged Magic Chef. Dimensions are the exact same, appearance is identical except for the nameplate.

Just curious if anyone has seen/has one of these and can confirm that it is indeed the same as the magic chef. It would be a great deal if so.

Thanks

Old 06-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

so I guess no one knows anything about this one...guess I'll be the guinea pig and find out for us all!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Arkador
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

They appear to be the same chest freezer with a different brand name
Magic Chef Appliance -- Freezer Page
Both are listed on the Magic Chef website, and the pictures are identical, as well as the PDF product sheet with the exception of the first 2 digits of the item number....
MC for Magic Chef, EW for the EWave

I have the 7.2CF MagicChef and love it. I think there are several people here that also have the same one. They will fit 4 cornies without a colar, and 6 with. I recall someone on HBT once commented "These should come from the factory with the temp controler and colar preinstalled"

Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
DeafSmith
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I don't know anything about ewave, but I have heard that almost all freezers sold in North America are made by three companies: Frigidaire, Haier (China), and W.C. Wood (Canada). More info here:
Freezers Reviews

Old 06-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I had the same findings as Arkador. It is made by Magic Chef...just rebadged. Kinda like the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix.

I did further research and found that Magic Chef is owned by Whirlpool. They produce good products, and it's a freezer, so there can't be that much wrong with it lol. I'll probably get it and let everyone know how it is. If anything, it's a cheaper version of the Magic Chef.

Hopefully the old saying isn't right with this then, "you get what you pay for".

Old 06-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have a smaller ewave at home that I *gasp* actually use as a freezer. We bought it two years ago, and I've had no problems with it, and am thinking about getting a bigger one and stealing that one for a keezer.
The one I have looks like it will fit 4 cornies without a collar, as reported. Plenty of room for C02 and some bottles on the ledge, too.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Although one positive doesn't mean it's perfect...it's good enough for me

Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I almost bought another at Menard's on my lunchbreak today! I think I'll wait til they go on sale, though. I am thinking of maybe putting a wood top and facade on it and running a tower. Who knows. The wallet and wife dictate what I can and cannot do.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Luckily when I went in they did not have one and I got a rain check for the sale price, good deal. I'm still planning it out, but I think I've settled on how I want mine. Think I'm going with 3 cornies and a 10# C02 tank as opposed to 4 cornies and 5# tank. I'd prefer to have a longer lasting C02. I do not want a collar, so that is the reason for limiting myself. I like to sit on my ideas for a while before jumping in...makes me feel more sure of myself haha.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I like that idea. Are you going to do a tower, or go through the front?