Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > Fermentation Chamber Build Question

Old 05-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
FreddieK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fermentation Chamber Build Question

Hey everyone,

So I have been reading a lot around here about building fermentation chambers and I have decided to use my relatively new dorm room mini fridge and build an insulted box extension similar to the one described here:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/4-6-...version-88554/

That one uses a love controller which seems pretty simple to wire in, but then I found this very interesting Johnson controller that comes prewired to a power strip, so the controller could (I believe) power both the fridge and a fan inside, along with 4 other gadgets you might want on with the compressor.

Reptile*Basics*Inc*::*Thermostats*::*Johnson*Contr ols*Thermostat-Pre*Wired

Has anyone used this controller setup? Any objections? I'm dying to get a Kolsch in the fermenter.

Why must the best beers for summer be brewed at lower temperatures? I guess that's God's way of saying you should condition your beer a few months so they're extra tasty.

Thanks for the help!