Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Exchanging a Argon bottle for a Nitrogen bottle
Old 05-30-2009, 06:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Exchanging a Argon bottle for a Nitrogen bottle

I have a offer to pick up a 150 cu/ft older Argon bottle a block away. Heck it has app 1/4" square stamping on it with four squares within it. It was a Linde bottle that was under Hitler's rule at one time with a swastika mark that has been restamped with four extra legs to look like four small boxes in a box. It is 7.56" OD x 46 1/2" before the valve and was told a owner owned bottle. It has a +plus on it meaning it can take 10% overfills. I can get it for $10, changed over for Nitrogen gas for my stout taps. I was told today a 150 cu/ft Nitrogen owner owned bottle will cost $230 or $250 plus tax these days. I think i'll grab it for $10 and pay for the hydro with a Nitrogen gas refill. This is the third bottle with one that has not had the swastika stamped over I have run across. There are bottles from the late 20's to the 50's still around and passing hydros with stamped over markings. Has anyone else seen these bottle markings?

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........
Old 05-30-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 52 Times on 47 Posts

The company I work for had oxygen bottles with the swastika intact, have not seen them lately as they probably have been retired from use because of age. I occasionaly come across items with the insignia in powerplants and other facilities built in the late 30's.