Gatlinburg... More Like Craplinburg! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Gatlinburg... More Like Craplinburg!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #21
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
Mar 2007
North Augusta, SC
Liked 204 Times on 152 Posts

+1 w/Henry Hill

Gatlinburg is god-awful toursty - but out the back door....heaven. Take some time to wander the forest, hike a few trails. Clean out your lungs. Drop down into Townsend and go up to Cade's Cove - it's a drive-thru of the 1800s with several parking spots to walk up and see old cabins, a working mill.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

The Fox and Parrot is pretty good and plenty weird, good beers though. The Ship was also pretty good. Smokey mountain Brewery was a fun place and the brewer was really great. He gave me a very in depth tour of his whole fascility and thought it was awesome that I homebrewed and that it was legal and not 'shinin.

Other than that, the only shining star you can cling to is the little cuban place that I can't remember the name of.

The Smokey's were beautiful, but I will never go back. Ever.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #23
Jan 2008
Hiram, GA
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

True.. my wife and I hiked the Chimney Tops trail while we were there. That was pretty cool, but not cool enough to go back.

Chimney Tops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #24
Hobby Collector
Nov 2007
Liked 3484 Times on 3302 Posts

We are going here in July with another couple. They go every year so I'm curious to see what keeps drawing them back. I've already contacted the brewery about tours and was also told to call the brewer on our way down. I'm trying to get in on a brew to help out. I am just looking forward to the long weekend. Only thing I WANT to do is the brewery, and one round of laser tag. after that I'm along for the ride. We will also have 2 very small children (my 9 month old and their 3 month old , will be 11 months and 5 months during the trip) with us.
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.