Conan - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Conan

Old 05-26-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2188 Times on 765 Posts

Look forward to Conan coming back on TV. I wonder how different if any his show will be.

Register Now!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

I hear ya- But I think it will be vintage Conan. There is a reason hes been the Chosen one.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Hopefully his show will change, I never really liked his show too much but I used to work nights and it was all that was on. I will miss the show without Jay on it but then again since I no longer take a nap after getting home from work I rarely see it any more but I do plan to stay up for the last show.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts

I am looking forward to it. I personally did not care for Jay Leno's comedy, have always like Conan. I probably won't stay up, but I might DVR it.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

vintage Conan?

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 05-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Parker36

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Lesotho
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I hope that they don't change it, but I think the same thing will happen to Conan as what happened to Letterman. Watered down e, safe comedy made to draw a wider audience and offend nobody. I think the days of the Masturbating Bear and Triumph are gone (I REALLY hope I am wrong)

Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
bashe

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Birmingham, Al

Who is playing Conan since Arnold is a governor now? The movies were ok at best I don't see how they can turn it into a weekly show.
Coming Up: Westvleteren 12 clone, Oktoberfast, SWMBO Slayer
Projects: Fermentation Chamber
Beer Blog

Old 05-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2188 Times on 765 Posts

I find Conan hilarious. There is a promo of him just running down the beach in a suit that made me laugh. There was a time during the writer's strike he had to do the show with no writers. He built a zip line and strapped rockets on his shoes to stop Booth from shooting Lincoln. Good times.

Register Now!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #9
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker36 View Post
I hope that they don't change it, but I think the same thing will happen to Conan as what happened to Letterman. Watered down e, safe comedy made to draw a wider audience and offend nobody. I think the days of the Masturbating Bear and Triumph are gone (I REALLY hope I am wrong)
But David Letterman's show is his show, to the best of my knowledge he has always been the host except for possible guest hosts.

Jay Leno's show was not originally his show; he took over for Johnny Carson who took over the show from others. Conan is not taking "his" show and moving into that spot he is taking over the Tonight Show just as others have done. The tonight show is not "his" show and shouldn't be, he should try and carry on the traditions of the show if he wants to do "his" show he should have kept "his" show. Now obviously he will have his influence but he is not just moving his show to another time slot.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #10
Borisbbadd

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Utah
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I think they will tone it down a little bit due to the time slot. I hope not, but I think they will have to.
Like Parker36 said, don't want to offend anyone.

He's really funny, and I think that over time he will put his stamp on the tonight show.