Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Think i really f'd up this time

Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
HillbillyDeluxe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Think i really f'd up this time

Brewed an all grain last night using a stovetop method(Modified) i got from deathbrewer. All went great, i reccomend it by the way. I then fell asleep in my recliner without adding my aroma hops. Beer sat tillmorning(Propane burner flamed out so no prroblem there but my question is can i reheat and add hops or dry hop it(i have pellets?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Oh, by the way, hops i bittered with are warrior and i need to add columbus. I know that i may have off flavors now due to the cooling method but i've screwed up like that before without too many ill effects.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'd think I'd want to reheat the wort to kill any wild bacteria or yeast that may want to compete with the yeast you want to use and then add the aroma hops.

If you just want to pitch into the already cooled wort, dry hop with what you were originally going to use.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I decided to reheat, hop it for 15 min with the columbus and then hit it with the chiller. Whadaya think?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think it will be fine. Have you brewed this recipe before? If so it would be interesting to compare the results with the previous batch.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I think so too. I dont have anything to compare it too though. Its my first AG batch. I tried deathbrewers stovetop method. Its my first one, and i hopped the piss out of it(As far as alphas go). Used warriors to bitter and columbus to aroma. I love that combo in a stout so i thought ive always thought it would be goodin a pale ale. I'll let yaknow.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #7
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
I decided to reheat, hop it for 15 min with the columbus and then hit it with the chiller. Whadaya think?
Give it shot, and don't do a shot until its all done and over with, wort in the fermentor and the yeast is pitched.

Don't fall asleep either!!!

I was rather amused reading this. Drank cider one time, got so messed up that I don't remember pitching my yeast. Guess I got everything done on autopilot. I now limit my own drinking while brewing so I don't fark it up royally. Live & Learn, right?

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 05-25-2009, 03:21 AM   #8
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

No BS, I'mnot making excuses. Just got hammered and fellasleep. Wasnt drunk just wicked tired fromhour after hour of poundin beers.