Fizzy yellow beer is a hit! - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Fizzy yellow beer is a hit!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,042
Liked 7616 Times on 5360 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Way to go Lorena.

While the light fizzy stuff isn't a mainstay for me personally, it has sure converted more neighbors, family and friends to the "pros" of homebrewing than any other beer.

We killed a keg and a half on Saturday of my "Wifey Pooh" ale.

10# of grain for an 11 gallon batch?

I guess we're destined to have some low gravity beers on tap all the time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I will be waiting to see the recipe... Sounds like one for the masses!

I just posted the recipe- if you look, you'll see that I got 75% efficiency, and 85% attenuation, giving me a 6% ABV beer. It went down well, though, and no one seemed to notice that it wasn't a 4.5% beer like I initially planned! Maybe that's why it was so good, though- it had some flavor, and it was very nicely balanced with the malt and hops.

I don't think this will qualify as a "wifey-pooh" ale, Biermuncher! I mean, at our house, a "wifey pooh" ale would be an IIPA with extra dryhopping. But, you know, that is a brilliant idea! A HUGE IIPA and call it "girly beer".


__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #22
planenut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Hanahan, SC (North Charleston)
Posts: 536
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Thanks, I'll add it to my database....



 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #23
SeamusMac
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 614
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
I brewed a "fizzy yellow beer"... This beer is clear, yellow, and relatively flavorless. No fruitiness, and very little hops flavor.
Sounds like most of the popular macro brew beers ha ha ha.
__________________
Primary: Edwort's Apfelwein
Primary: Brewingcentres Pale Ale
Primary: Brewcraft - Cheap 'n' Shiddy Bavarian Wheat

Kegged: Brewcraft - Cheap 'n' Shiddy Bavarian Wheat
Kegged: Brewcraft - Enhanced Dutch Lager
On Tap: Brewcraft - Irish Stout

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #24
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
Posts: 12,250
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts


Now that you have conquered the BMC challenge I would like to see you take 1 pound of prime black angus and turn it into a Big Mac please.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #25
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,042
Liked 7616 Times on 5360 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Now that you have conquered the BMC challenge I would like to see you take 1 pound of prime black angus and turn it into a Big Mac please.
Now, that's just not something I could do! I haven't had a Big Mac in at least 20 years, maybe longer.

I do have standards, you know! They're low, but I have them.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #26
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 30,354
Liked 4681 Times on 3154 Posts


I brewed up Biermunchers Centennial Blonde a few weeks back and put it on tap. Had some of my wife's relatives over for her grandpa's internment on Sat and my Blonde got good reviews. FIL said it was very good. Wife's cousin had three tall glasses and had to have his girlfriend drive him home. Even my friend who only drinks beer for his health liked it and said he could make that and enjoy it all the time (he's my brewing buddy, so I may have HIM do the brewing next time and he can keep the beer!)

My FIL is getting to the point where he will try an IPA and say it's not bad.

And Yooper, whereabouts are you? I could plan a stop by this summer if we get up that way! I've been wanting to head up north and go west in the UP for some time.
__________________
What year is this?
It's the Viking age.
That explains the Laser Raptors! F***! I went back in time too far! - Kung Fury

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #27
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,042
Liked 7616 Times on 5360 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I brewed up Biermunchers Centennial Blonde a few weeks back and put it on tap. Had some of my wife's relatives over for her grandpa's internment on Sat and my Blonde got good reviews. FIL said it was very good. Wife's cousin had three tall glasses and had to have his girlfriend drive him home. Even my friend who only drinks beer for his health liked it and said he could make that and enjoy it all the time (he's my brewing buddy, so I may have HIM do the brewing next time and he can keep the beer!)

My FIL is getting to the point where he will try an IPA and say it's not bad.

And Yooper, whereabouts are you? I could plan a stop by this summer if we get up that way! I've been wanting to head up north and go west in the UP for some time.
In the central UP, about 5 hours west of the Bridge. You are always invited!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #28
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Posts: 30,354
Liked 4681 Times on 3154 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
In the central UP, about 5 hours west of the Bridge. You are always invited!
LOL! That's not very precise! You can PM me the closest town name. I promise not to tell! Or we can play colder or warmer...


__________________
What year is this?
It's the Viking age.
That explains the Laser Raptors! F***! I went back in time too far! - Kung Fury

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cream Ale Fizzy Yellow Beer Yooper Homebrew Ale Recipes 344 06-09-2016 10:22 PM
Fizzy Yellow Beer Yooper Recipes/Ingredients 11 07-27-2011 10:18 PM
Am I going to get fizzy yellow water? carrotmalt All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 10 06-05-2009 06:10 PM
Fizzy yellow beer ingredients compared to real beer chione Recipes/Ingredients 34 05-14-2009 08:15 PM
fizzy beer hopsalot Bottling/Kegging 9 11-14-2007 06:09 PM


Forum Jump