So my lady friend and I moved in together a couple of months back and I thought it would be cool to make a brew for our housewarming party. Decided to do a pretty simple hopped up pale ale - crystal malt, light LME, Amarillo and Cascade, and WLP001.
First run of the DIY wort chiller on this batch - complete success!
First batch fermented in the carboy instead of the bucket - came home to kreusen in the airlock! Fixed up a quick blow-off tube and the crisis was averted. Won't be making that mistake again.
First batch bottling in the dishwasher - easiest clean up yet!
I was SUPER patient and waited the three weeks for the co2 before taking any samples. Finally cracked one last night... HOLY HELL! It's great! Great aroma, good head retention, beautiful color, and it tastes perfect! I ran around the apartment, found my lady and made her taste it as well. It was met with great enthusiasm! Four batches in and I think I'm getting the hang of it. I'm gonna do this one again since I have some more LME hanging around and then it's AG time.
Now all I have to do is be patient enough not to drink them all before the party in two weeks!