Off the top of my head so don't hold me to anything.
4) 4x4x16' sunk in ground about 3 1/2' set to make a 12' x 4' frame
4) 40 lbs. bags of quickcrete for post
-2- for the long runners on the bottom
-1- cut into three 4' pieces for the 2 short ends on the bottom
*save the last 4' piece for later*
-3- cut into 6' pieces for the 5 arbor tops
*save 1 piece leftover piece, but cut it to 4'*
2) 2x6x16' for the top long runners (I cut mine to 15' leaving 1 1/2' over hang past the post on each side)
2) saved 2x6x4'pieces go on the top short ends
I made my own, maybe a little extra work but I like it better cause I think it looks better and it is a hell of alot stronger than that premade garbage
-rip all of those into 5/8" strips. the last one will be just a tad skinnier (should get 5 pieces out of each = 20 total strips)
- take 11 of the 8' long strips and cut them to 4'long (giving you 22 pieces)
- that leaves (9) 8' piece you will use 8 of them. Cut the other one into stakes if you want.
16) 3/8" x 3" Lags with washers
1) box of 3" exterior screws
1) box of 1 1/4" exterior screws 1" if you can find.
1. Sink your posts with concrete
2. frame up the bottom
3. let the concrete set overnight
4. put up your long top runners with lags
5. put up your ends for the top with lags
*** cut off any excess 4x4 post sticking up***
6. Notch your (5) 2x6x6' piece for the arbor tops 2 1/2" deep so that they can slide on to the top runners
7. angle the ends of the 5 arbor top pieces.
8. Slide them on to the top runners into place and toenail them
9. take your 22 ripped 2x4 pieces and space them horizontally on the inside of the arbor post and screw them in (11 on each side)
10. take the 8 ripped 2x4x8' pieces and attach them to the out side of the horizontal pieces vertically (4 each side). ***use the short screws***
Since I already did it, it seems easy to me, so I hope I didn't forget to write a step. But it was easy, fun, and I did it for under $200. So that wasn't bad
I did have my dad for an extra set of hands and that will definately make it easier for you.
Have fun and post some pics if you do it.