So the garage is nearly complete... we have heat... and now AC for the upcoming summer months... A bunch of stuff we removed from the garage got put back inside when winter hit. We need to remove some of this stuff and start up work again on the garage. Our current focus is completing the automated brewing system that will be in the garage asap so we can start brewing. We will definitely need to re surface the floors as they look really bad now. That was a waist of a few $100 dollars towards paint strippers and 3 coats of epoxy... now we will need to buy more stripper to get that stuff off.
Their is no perminant furnature in the brewery. Everything folds or is on wheels so it shouldnt be too hard of a time to move things around. We also want to screen in the outdoor patio connected to the garage and possibly put in a outside beer tap (maybe hidden?) so that we can enjoy the summer and our beer from the comfort of our patio.
We are full swing into beer projects. Including growing hops. Hopefully the pictures of the hops (currently being moved in and out of the brewery due to falling night time temperatures) will suffice for right now.
This is just half of the stuff we are using for the hops. This is the second trip.
We used large plastic buckets to grow in. Drainage holes were drilled.
Added some rocks for drainage too. The yard was full of them, this was apparent when digging the trench for gas and electric...
Here we are in the middle of planting.
Finished hops planted and ready to grow. We did 4x Cascade and 4x Willamette, each in its own container, Rocks, 2 bags of dirt, and 3-4" of mulch.
Hopefully we will see some results in a few weeks as we continue to work on the garage and brewing systems.