Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Need help with name

Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Mojoman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need help with name

I need help with a name for my third beer label. My first two are posted here already. In the fermenter is a Kolsch named Rathskeller Kolsch by my LHBS. This thing was a monster the first 9 hours of fermentation. It was my first blow-over, and was hissing and burping like crazy. My logo is our poodle, Mugsy (see previous labels). Any ideas for the next Poodle Piss label?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
pizzaman
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

(attached pictures so others don't have to go searching)

1) Mugsy Red Ale

2) Blue Unicorn Ale

Were you gonna keep using that same picture of mugsy for all your labels? It's not a bad picture but I would take different pics for each brew, something that brings out the name or character of the brew somehow...I know poodles are great at striking a pose whenever a camera is nearby, so take advantage! Or just use the same picture, its up to you. Where did you come up with blue unicorn ale? is that a blue moon clone? The Mugsy Red Ale is a good name, self explanatory and descriptive. Are you wanting to stick with that type of name or go with the off the wall type name like the unicorn? Either one is fine, I'm just trying to brainstorm here...you could name it poodle butt ale to go along with poodle piss brewery.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Mojoman
Recipes 

We came up with the Blue Unicorn one because it's a batch of blueberry ale and Mugsy's last hairdo left a long spike of hair that made him look like a unicorn. Add in a few home brews and you can guess the rest! I was trying to come up with something to do with the violent fermentation this batch had. I could use another photo if I had a new idea.
PS: Thanks for linking the pics for me.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If Poodle PIss wasn't the name of the brewery - it might make a great name for your brew.

Since it's German - How about Pincer Piss? A nice pic of a Dobie being scared of your poodle (and pissing himself) would be a priceless label.