Miller Lite vs. Bud Light - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Miller Lite vs. Bud Light

View Poll Results: Does the Homebrewing population like Miller Lite or Bud Light better?
Bud Light 52 33.12%
Miller Lite 105 66.88%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #21
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

most PBR is contract brewed by Miller right here in Milwaukee . . . and PBR isnt good for anything . . . except maybe putting on your lawn

http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp?...on=Custom&ID=2

Quote:
ALL-SEASON TONICS
Everywhere I go, folks want to know what the best tonics are for cleaning and greening up their yards. Well, here's how to make my amazing All-Season Tonics that'll turn your yard into a green grass paradise overnight.

All-Season Green-Up Tonic
1 can of beer,
1 cup of ammonia,
1/2 cup of Plant Shampoo,
1/2 cup of Liquid Lawn Food, and
1/2 cup molasses or corn syrup
Mix all of the ingredients in a bucket, and pour into your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer. Apply to everything in your yard to the point or run-off every 3 weeks, in the morning, throughout the growing season.

All-Season Clean-Up Tonic
1 cup of Plant Shampoo,
1 cup of antiseptic mouthwash, and
1 cup of chewing tobacco tea*
Mix all of the ingredients in your 20 gallon hose-end sprayer, filling the balance of the sprayer jar with warm water. Apply to your entire yard to the point of run-off every 2 weeks, in the evening, to discourage insects and prevent disease

*Chewing Tobacco Tea
* To make tobacco tea, place half a handful of chewing tobacco in an old nylon stocking and soak it in a gallon of hot water until the mixture is dark brown.

Old 08-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #22
Exo

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Wisconsin
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Lol, reminds me of the days of being broke in college at UW-Milwaukee. We used to buy cases of Huber Beer for dirt cheap and get free cases when we were broke and previously to lazy to return the bottles.

Then we got a little money and started drinking Milwaukee's Best (the beast). We'd pool our monies and get a "Beer of the Month" 1/4 barrel for a weekend binge...usually Sprecher or something "good."

When we graduated and had some money we moved on to Miller High Life supplemented by a micro six-pack here and there.

Now I think nothing of buying a six-pack for more than the cost of that case of Huber Beer....
Wasp Bitten IPA (a Walker-San clone);Cheesefood's Caramel Creme; Wee Heavy Scottish Ale;
Bottled/Conditioning:
Flyin' Hornet Pale Ale(Mirror Pond clone);Oktoberfest Ale
Drinking:
Boom-Boom Apricot Hefeweisen; Forbidden Ale;Pale-Ass Ale (SNPA Clone); Ol' Man Winter Ale
On-deck:
Dead Guy clone
Planning:
Walker's Espresso Stout; BrewPastor's Bastard Lager
Quote:
But honey, how else am I going to get enough bottles for my next batch? *burp*...*fart*

Old 08-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Deepest, darkest Eastern NC
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
most PBR is contract brewed by Miller right here in Milwaukee . . . and PBR isnt good for anything . . . except maybe putting on your lawn

http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp?...on=Custom&ID=2
When I drink it, it usually does end up on my lawn. Mostly behind the shed.

Old 08-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #24
Big-Ben-87
Recipes 

Aug 2006
Tennessee
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
All too true. I grew up a Miller fan. Miller Lite was the beer of choice in my younger years--I eventually moved onto High Life and MGD. Now I'm a snob.

However, I've been known to buy a case of cans of MGD or High Life. Still to this day there is NOTHING better in this world than an ice cold miller product out of a can while mowing the lawn or working on the vehicle in the driveway.

Come over to my house right now and you'll find a fridge pack of MGD.

Yea exactly. I just had some MGD last night actually. If I'm sitting around casually drinking only a couple beers then craft beers/homebrew is the way to go. But as far as hot days working outside or just days you wanna finish off a whole 12 pack, there is no better way to go than Miller Lite to me. Also, I agree with the guy from Canada. I recently tried Molson Ice and it was delicious. I also enjoy Moosehead.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #25
NoBull6
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Austin, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've got to vote Bud Light since my grandpa used to drive the Clydesdale hitch for Budweiser - my family was Anheiser Busch product exclusive when I was growing up.

That said, since I'm new, I've got to ask what BMC stands for?
Bottled - Caramel Wheat, Raspberry Wheat

Old 08-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #26
G. Cretin
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBull6

That said, since I'm new, I've got to ask what BMC stands for?
Bud Miller Coors

Old 08-06-2006, 10:59 PM   #27
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Sunny Southern Vermont
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

bud gives me a headache.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 AM   #28
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glibbidy
bud gives me a headache.
Me too - especially regular bud. As far as light goes, I usually go with miller.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #29
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Cretin
PBR is the best macrobrew in N.America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
And all are owned by SABMiller whose parent company is
South African Breweries Limited.

Prior to that it was RJR Reynolds tobacco (now Altria).

Bud is its own evil Empire and it distrubutes beers such as Guiness.
Coors is the Fredo of the bunch recently allying with Molson.

Bud is like an Iced Tea of Beer with Beer flavoring.

I prefer MGD to Coors and Bud. I drink Guiness.

Soylent Green is People. Wash your Soylent Green down with BMC.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 08-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #30
G. Cretin
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

^^ do you have a good Guiness clone?^^
please post any replie in a PM or the thread police will come around and they don't have a sense of humor.
edited to be on topic: PBR was until 2003 also brewed in San Antonio by Pearl brewers the building is now being converted in to a mall. It makes baby Jesus cry.