Miller Lite vs. Bud Light - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Miller Lite vs. Bud Light

View Poll Results: Does the Homebrewing population like Miller Lite or Bud Light better?
Bud Light 52 33.12%
Miller Lite 105 66.88%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2006, 12:59 AM   #11
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

I actually like Miller products and cannot stand and would rather drink nothing if my only choice was a Bud product . . .

Then again I was born and raised in Milwaukee and we are weened on Miller here. I still drink Miller every now and again like at festivels (thats all that is available around here, ordanence is if it's not Wisconsin brewed it's not sold at the festivels or Miller Park) or for breakfast after a nasty shift at work. MGD is a nice light beer after you just worked 24 - 48 hours and dont really want to drink something heavier

Old 08-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #12
G. Cretin
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmonkey
Heard on the radio the other day that a poll was done of homosexual Americans asking about their favorite products. The #1 beer was Bud Light. Not that there's anything wrong with HA's, especially some of the women. Just thought that was an interesting fact. Bet if you polled the entire population, Bud Light would come up in the top three.

I vote Miller Lite. I used to drink it all the time until I discovered PBR.
PBR is the best macrobrew in N.America.

faithfull44 Likes This 
Old 08-06-2006, 05:32 AM   #13
Exo

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Wisconsin
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I voted thinking this:

I go to a party and they have two coolers of free beer (yea FREE)...one of Miller Lite and one of Bud Light.

Hmm, do I drink a Bud Light? Something that tastes like rotten piss that has aged in a fat old Norweigan woman's wooden shoe?

Or do I drink a Miller Lite? It kinda "tastes" like beer... Has a decent after-taste for being a BMC...

I'll take a Miller Lite.
Wasp Bitten IPA (a Walker-San clone);Cheesefood's Caramel Creme; Wee Heavy Scottish Ale;
Bottled/Conditioning:
Flyin' Hornet Pale Ale(Mirror Pond clone);Oktoberfest Ale
Drinking:
Boom-Boom Apricot Hefeweisen; Forbidden Ale;Pale-Ass Ale (SNPA Clone); Ol' Man Winter Ale
On-deck:
Dead Guy clone
Planning:
Walker's Espresso Stout; BrewPastor's Bastard Lager
Quote:
But honey, how else am I going to get enough bottles for my next batch? *burp*...*fart*

Old 08-06-2006, 05:51 AM   #14
Big-Ben-87
Recipes 

Aug 2006
Tennessee
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
I voted thinking this:

I go to a party and they have two coolers of free beer (yea FREE)...one of Miller Lite and one of Bud Light.

Hmm, do I drink a Bud Light? Something that tastes like rotten piss that has aged in a fat old Norweigan woman's wooden shoe?

Or do I drink a Miller Lite? It kinda "tastes" like beer... Has a decent after-taste for being a BMC...

I'll take a Miller Lite.

HAHA that was a hilarious description of Bud Light. I fully agree with this statement. I don't know what it is about that beer, but it doesn't taste like beer. Its got a really weak/bitter taste to it I think, but its hard to pinpoint exactly what it is I'm tasting.

Old 08-06-2006, 06:43 AM   #15
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
I actually like Miller products and cannot stand and would rather drink nothing if my only choice was a Bud product . . .

Then again I was born and raised in Milwaukee and we are weened on Miller here. I still drink Miller every now and again like at festivels (thats all that is available around here, ordanence is if it's not Wisconsin brewed it's not sold at the festivels or Miller Park) or for breakfast after a nasty shift at work. MGD is a nice light beer after you just worked 24 - 48 hours and dont really want to drink something heavier
All too true. I grew up a Miller fan. Miller Lite was the beer of choice in my younger years--I eventually moved onto High Life and MGD. Now I'm a snob.

However, I've been known to buy a case of cans of MGD or High Life. Still to this day there is NOTHING better in this world than an ice cold miller product out of a can while mowing the lawn or working on the vehicle in the driveway.

Come over to my house right now and you'll find a fridge pack of MGD.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 08-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #16
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Calgary
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

This is an intersting thread. As a Canadian, I grew up on Molson and Labatt products, and viewed beers from the states with incredible disdain (except for imported Coors for some reason.) Lite beers up here aren't pushed as hard as they are in the states either and it never really enters into my thought process when picking up a 12er for hot summer days.
I'm still abstaining from the vote, though I will say Kokanee or Molson Pilsener are my swill-choices, and often have one of them on hand.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Farmington
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

very loud and resonating....'BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRP PPPPPP'

Sorry..... now that felt good... uhhh.... neither.

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Old 08-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #18
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Cheyco
though I will say Kokanee or Molson Pilsener are my swill-choices, and often have one of them on hand.
Man, ice cold Kokanee is a teriffic thing. We used to get it in NY.

On topic, to me Miller Lite has more/better flavor than Bud Light.
Gone unsung for far too long

Old 08-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmonkey
Heard on the radio the other day that a poll was done of homosexual Americans asking about their favorite products. The #1 beer was Bud Light...
You heard wrong...that was Butt Light.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

I've never tried either, but Coors lite is good for brining sausage. PBR seems to be the leading choice for boiling brats. Maybe it's old age creeping up, but I'm having trouble remembering when and what I last had from BMC.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk