Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Got a problem

Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 AM   #1
svengoat
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Gloversville NY
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I ordered 2 hops and dutifully planted both, even kept the labels but the wind blew one away..Both have sprouted (one is cascade) but I've forgotten where I ordered them from and can't remember what kind the second is.. I think it's magnum but really don't know.. Is there any way to tell by looking?? I know it's a bittering hop..

Or should I say screw it and just use it in my homebrew anyway..

Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
JarrodH
Recipes 

Jan 2009
San Diego, CA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by svengoat View Post
I ordered 2 hops and dutifully planted both, even kept the labels but the wind blew one away..Both have sprouted (one is cascade) but I've forgotten where I ordered them from and can't remember what kind the second is.. I think it's magnum but really don't know.. Is there any way to tell by looking?? I know it's a bittering hop..

Or should I say screw it and just use it in my homebrew anyway..
The leaves and the cones will look different. When they start growing and you can see the leaves, compare them to pics on homebrewtalk or the net of different hops leave. People here are growing a lot of different varieties, so you should be able to find something.