Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Adapter from hose to beer faucet

Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Adapter from hose to beer faucet

Hi All:

I am a new member here and have decided to start home brewing after a 20 some year hiatus. I basically played around some when i was about 20 and haven't gotten back to it until now.
I have a big overtime check coming and have decided to jump back in. I intend to order a dual cornelius keg system for storage, dispension of my beer.
Here is my question. The dual keg system I am looking at comes with 3/16 hose and picnic taps, but I want to mount faucet taps on the front of the fridge. From looking at the pics it looks like I will need some sort of adapter from the hose to the faucets but I have been unable to find it by searching on line for it. I have found adapters to mount the faucet directly to the keg, but that does not seem to be what I am looking for. I want to attach the output hose from the keg to the faucet on the fridge. I haven't made any purchases yet, so I want to try to get it right, and keep the costs reasonable.
I appreciate any help you guys can give me to get me pointed in the right direction.

Cheers

Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
BlindLemonLars
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 32

What you need are some shanks, of an appropriate length to install in your fridge door. They are widely available, here are some examples.

Beverage City

Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #3
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thank you Blind Lemon! That is exactly what I need. In two days of various googling and forum reading I never came across that item. Bad key words I guess. I kept searching for "adapter"

Cheers

Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Arkador
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

The keg setup are sold with those already.
Homebrew Deluxe - 2 Tap System :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies
2 Faucet Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 2 kegs

Both of these companies would be happy to upgrade you to a higher quality faucet (Like Perlick) with a simple phone call.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
BlindLemonLars
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Be sure to pick up a faucet wrench too, they are only a few bucks and will make your life a lot easier. And like Arkador suggests, upgrading to forward sealing faucets (which don't stick!) is something you definitely won't regret.

BTW, welcome back to the hobby! I also put my brewing hobby on hold for a few decades, and was incredibly pleased to see how much the homebrew scene had grown over the years.