I was about 3 weeks into my first batch of mead (5 gallons of MEDIUM SWEET O.B. MEAD from the Compleat Meadmaker). Initially, I had added 5 tablespoons of the Super Ferment (Super Ferment (Nutrient/Energizer) 8 oz.
) at the start.
It was fermenting decently and had dropped from OG=1.100 to CG=1.03. Bubbles in the airlock had slowed to once every 25 seconds. I decided to add a tablespoon of Super Ferment to the must and give it a stir. After doing that, it was hardly bubbling in the airlock. After a day of little activity, I gave it a swirl and it kicked up briefly, but then slowed again. I'm getting a bubble about once every two minutes now.
Temperature is around 78F. Yeast is 10g of Lalvin d47.
I've not found anything that explains to me what happened to slow it down. I hope someone can clue me in.