I uploaded to Flickr. This is my first batch, so please be gentle!
First Beer Brew - a set on Flickr
Wort Volume Before Boil: 2.50 US gals
Wort Volume After Boil: 2.00 US gals
Volume Transferred: 2.00 US gals
Water Added: 3.00 US gals
Volume At Pitching: 5.00 US gals
Final Batch Volume: 5.00 US gals
Expected Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.036 SG
Expected OG: 1.062 SG
Expected FG: 1.016 SG
Expected ABV: 6.2 %
Expected ABW: 4.8 %
Expected IBU (using Tinseth): 16.1
Expected Color: 48.3 SRM
Apparent Attenuation: 73.0 %
Mash Efficiency: 65.0 %
Boil Duration: 60.0 mins
Fermentation Temperature: 67 degF
US Roasted Barley 1.00 lb (10.8 %) In Mash/Steeped
US Chocolate Malt 1.00 lb (10.8 %) In Mash/Steeped
US White Wheat Malt 0.50 lb (5.4 %) In Mash/Steeped
US Munich 10L Malt 0.50 lb (5.4 %) In Mash/Steeped
US Black Malt 0.25 lb (2.7 %) In Mash/Steeped
Extract - Pilsen Light Liquid Extract 6.00 lb (64.9 %) Start Of Boil
UK Golding (5.4 % alpha) 1.00 oz Loose Pellet Hops used All Of Boil
German Tettnang (4.8 % alpha) 1.00 oz Loose Pellet Hops used 20 Min From End
Yeast: Wyeast 1084-Irish Ale
Mash Type: Extract with Mini-mash
Schedule Name:Single Step Infusion (68C/154F)
Step: Rest at 154 degF for 60 mins
1) Steeped the grains at ~155 for 30 minutes.
2) Added extract after bringing wort to boil.
3) Added Golding hops in at the beginning of the boil (60 minutes).
4) Added Tettnang hops with 20 minutes left in boil.
5) After 60 minute boil, chilled to < 95 degrees and mixed with ~2.75 gallons of water in fermenter.
6) Took specific gravity measurement: 1.060
7) After 1 week, racked into secondary fermenter (glass carboy).
8) After another week, bottled into 24 22oz bottles and a few 12oz bottles.
9) Final gravity reading was 1.022.
9) 2 Weeks later. Enjoyed!