Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Bells maple ale

Old 04-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
no1likesme
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bells maple ale

Bells maple ale is an amber ale brewed with maple syrup from Shepherd, Michigan. As far as I know it is only available on tap at the Shepherd Bar, in shepherd, mi.

When I talked to the owner of the bar today he said that there was a total of six kegs of this brewed for the maple syrup festival this weekend. They used a total of five gallons of maple syrup for the three barrel batch.

I had two pints of this today and I quite liked it. In the glass it was an almost opaque amber color with some orange hue. It tasted a lot like their normal amber ale except that it had a little heavier mouth feel, was a bit sweeter, and had a distinct maple finish.

I don't know if anyone else from HBT will be attending the maple syrup festival but I decided that I would post this anyway just in case.

BTW: if anyone else is planning on trying this either Saturday or Sunday, shoot me a pm and we may be able to meet for a pint.

Bottled: Irish Stout
Bottled: American Pale Ale
Bottled: Cherry/pomegranate apfelwein

YOU LOST THE GAME!!