I think I'm in love..... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I think I'm in love.....

Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

......With this idea!!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
neuron555
Recipes 

Aug 2006
Delmar NY
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

What a great idea. I'd need to find some tall blonde guy.

Neuron Nanobrewery

Old 04-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts

OH MY GOOD!!!

I love it.....Hmmm I was away in Seminary for my 20th.....I went to my 10th and shocked the heck out of people as to how much I had changed (I got hit on by those who ignored me in HS) and the fact that I was on radio at the time, so I was sorta "famous."

Maybe I should hire a stripper to be my "wife" at the 25th or 30th, and wear my clerical digs.....

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Mariposa, CA
Liked 125 Times on 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
OH MY GOOD!!!

I love it.....Hmmm I was away in Seminary for my 20th.....I went to my 10th and shocked the heck out of people as to how much I had changed (I got hit on by those who ignored me in HS) and the fact that I was on radio at the time, so I was sorta "famous."

Maybe I should hire a stripper to be my "wife" at the 25th or 30th, and wear my clerical digs.....
I went to my 10th and 20th but not my 30th. I think it was my 20th that I got "introduced" to a couple of woman who I'd been going to school with since 8th grade. Wankers.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
I went to my 10th and 20th but not my 30th. I think it was my 20th that I got "introduced" to a couple of woman who I'd been going to school with since 8th grade. Wankers.
This is the reason I never understood the need for reunions or company functions. It ain't like you get to choose these people.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
HBHoss
Chappell Brewery

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Mariposa, CA
Liked 125 Times on 123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
This is the reason I never understood the need for reunions or company functions. It ain't like you get to choose these people.
Kinda like family, it is who it is.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts

Yeah my 10th was a trip....In highschool I was fat at short but shortly after graduation I shot up like a weed, and was no longer chubby.

Around my 10 year reuntion I was working for one of the best and most avant guard public radio station's in the country. I was a producer and sound engineer, but I often filled in or did things like the Blues News segment on on of the show....so my name was on air alot, in credits, or just me sitting in for a host. Plus I was also mentioned in arts magazines becasue I was booking a new jazz club in town and I also had photo credits on a lot of stuff in town...if you liked alternative music in Detroit in the 90's you were bound to come across my name.

I tended to dress in vintage clothing, and had longish hair, and I had just had knee surgery so I was walking with a fancy walking cane...I guess considering my school was mulletville, I looked pretty cool to the masses.

This is how I tended to look...

I did the live jazz radio show that I produced so I arrived late...now I was the shy introvert nerd in highschool who had very few friends, except for a small band of them..but I pretty much moved on from the painful HighSchool experience and had no contact with any of them.

I walked in to the VFW hall, yes my highschool reunion was so tacky it was held at the VFW hall....It turned out one of the few girls in my circle was standing by the registration table and she actually recognized me and jumped into my arms and stuff, and took me to a table that was really all the rest of the "outcasts" of the school, you know the people who got good grades, or who were artistic or geeks..

So she take me into the room, and like everyone else is checking me out, but noone knows who I am...except all my "friends."

But I notice that although I'm being checked out by people I was also being sort of ignored, by everyone but those at my table, for like the first hour or so, all through dinner. People are mingling, and approaching each other, but no one's doing that to me.....but at one point I go up to get a drink and I'm in line it turns out behind one of the old Cheerleaders that pretty much ignored me.

It was a small class only a couple hundered, so everyone knew each others names and all....any way she sort of looks over her shoulder and kinda looks me up and down like a piece of meat or something, unitl her eyes hit on my name tag, and she realizes that it's not a "spouse's" plain tag but is an alumnist with year book pic on it....

And she literally screams "oh My God, you're Michael Copado?" Suddenly it's like one of those scenes in a movie, where someone says something embarrassing at just the moment the band stops playing and everyone hears it....

Well suddenly I'm like the star of the show, dragged from table to table...and people actually had heard me on the radio, or seen me mentioned in the local arts/music rag....

So I asked her why I was so ignored when I was there for the first couple of hours...and she said "Oh we just thought you were the hot husband of someone, not that you were one of us."

And I ended up getting slipped phone numbers and all sorts of come one's all through the night...It was a hoot....It was like Bill Gates came back to his highschool reunion or something...the geek everyone picked on was like the celebrity of the moment...it was pathetic and fun at the same time...

And all the former "cool people" were like all chummy and glomming on to me...I even ended up at a post party at some neighborhood bar...with all those people...

And let's just say the Ms. Former Cheerleader and myself got "re-acquainted" in this antique wooden enclosed phonebooth in the hallway between the men's and ladies room...It was hawt!

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Montana
Liked 2487 Times on 1375 Posts

I've never seen the point to a school reunion. I didn't like those people when I was there & did all I could to get out & away from that sh!thole; why on earth would I want to go back?

Old 04-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratus fermentatio View Post
I've never seen the point to a school reunion. I didn't like those people when I was there & did all I could to get out & away from that sh!thole; why on earth would I want to go back?
+1 on that!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 261 Times on 134 Posts

Meh. My 10 year should be coming up soon, but I'm not friends with any of those people.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...