How many could you fight at once? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > How many could you fight at once?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:26 AM   #21
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

I follow the Jackie Chan school of "anything can be a weapon." Ever seen a Jackie Chan movie where he didn't hit someone with a stool? I think not.

5 year old kid, a rock, a lamp, whatever may be handy. My 5-year old efficiency would skyrocket if we were in some sort of repair facility, a bar, a store of some sort... Out in an open field, I doubt I could get through more than 30 or so.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:37 AM   #22
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Nor*Cal
Liked 944 Times on 667 Posts

LOL that was great! I got 31.

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

Old 04-23-2009, 04:43 AM   #23
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Also depends on what footwear I am wearing and whether I have my SOG Flick blade knife on me or not.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 04-23-2009, 04:52 AM   #24
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Evil Concoctions View Post
Also depends on what footwear I am wearing and whether I have my SOG Flick blade knife on me or not.
If whether or not you have a knife on you is a concern, you've already made a mistake. I took a lesson from someone who learned this lesson the hard way years ago, and now the only time I don't have my knife on me is on a plane, in bed, or in the shower. Two of those three times, it's within arms reach. Also, SOG makes a damn fine knife, but I love my Cold Steel and CRKT knives.

After thinking about it a bit, I think a short-handled ax would be perfect. Something like a fireman's ax, that's designed for close range and isn't so heavy it would tire you out. With something like that, I think I could break 100. A sword would get dull too quickly.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #25
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada

LL, I meant in regards to what was allowed inthe original scenario. I almost always have my knife on me. I hate bars with metal detecters. It a SOG Xray Mini. The blade is a bit short <wait for penis joke> but it's less bulky and easier to conceal. This design only leaves the little clip exposed when you have it in your pocket.

As for fighting 5 year olds. One of these items would be very nice.

or

I think the first one would be easier to pull out of a dead child, but the second one does have the longer handle for two hand operation.

I think I'd like two of the SOG fusion's, one in each hand. Could probably take on a ****load of the cracked up brats.

<note to the squeemish.. this is all dark hypothetical humor here>

Old 04-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #26
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada

Oooh! I wonder how effective these would be? (I can't really see these being very easy to handle).

I swear SOG made a battle axe that had a simular head to the one I posted, with a longer handle and the handle had a sharp point on it. Great for breaking sternums when attacked from behind.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #27
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Just remember, rug rats are like dogs, only about a day's starvation from being feral, and tearing adult humans limb from limb...especially if they travel in packs.

*shudders*

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #28
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

Wow that last pic is just damned creepy. I think as long as you keep moving and try to keep the hordes coming at you from one side you can take them out one at a time hero-style. Once they surround you is when you're F'd.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #29
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTOJ View Post
Wow that last pic is just damned creepy. I think as long as you keep moving and try to keep the hordes coming at you from one side you can take them out one at a time hero-style. Once they surround you is when you're F'd.
ANd just remember, don't try to duck into a corn field to escape them...

That's where they are in their naturl element.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #30
mr_goodwrench

Recipes 

Apr 2008
Auburn, GA
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

A couple of points come to my mind immediately:

1) I have learned from watching America's Funniest Videos over the years, that little kids are naturals at the nut-shot. That would be my immediate concern as I am a shade over six foot and that puts my franks & beans in their prime strike zone. If this is a surprise attack, I think I might possibly be effed if the first couple come in and take out my jewels. If I have some advanced warning and can properly prepare, my chances would rise greatly.

2) As anyone who has ever coached 5-6 year olds in soccer can attest, they are not very well organized. They tend to swarm the ball and spend more time pushing and shoving each other and kicking shins than actually touching the ball. This may be the single biggest advantage.

I am thinking anywhere from 25-50 depending on if the attack is anticipated or not.

Also, if they are hopped up on ADD meds, that does not necessarily give them an advantage here as I am as well!!