How many could you fight at once? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > How many could you fight at once?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Baja_Brewer

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Rhode Island
Liked 133 Times on 103 Posts

How many five year olds do you think you could fight at once? Under what conditions? The only consideration you must make is that they want to fight you. Think of any reason you've ever had to fight someone, apply that emotion, and that is their desire to attack. You can consider them 'little people' turned into zombies if this helps. There is no motivation other than their desire to fight you. They also only have the organization of a group of little kids.

My roommate and I have this debate occasionally, I think I could safely say 13-18 before possibly being overwhelmed, he says 50. A group of 15 or more little kids attacking you? I believe I'm being reasonable....

Your thoughts? Go!

**Disclaimer** I have no intention of fighting children, nor any desire to. I am not encouraging anyone to. This is a purely speculative situation, if anyone is offended or I'm crossing any boundaries feel free to PM to to remove this.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

I think the general consensus was, assuming that they had weapons, for most people was around 25. I've got long legs, though; easy to kick them in the head.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 04-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Baja_Brewer

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Rhode Island

Are you armed? They're little, I think someone could some real damage with a baseball bat

Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

I'm not armed. They are. Unless it's chainsaws, I don't care. Hell, even if they DO have chainsaws, they'll just hurt themselves. You ever watch a little league game? Those ****ers couldn't do **** if they attacked you with a baseball bat, you could stand there not moving and they'd miss four times out of five. Grab one kid by the ankles and swing him around at his comrades, that's the only weapon you need!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
KingBrianI

Recipes 

May 2008
Durham, NC
Liked 108 Times on 69 Posts

I'm not sure there really is a number. Only so many can attack you at once. And even if there are a bunch attacking you at once, any that got through wouldn't be able to do much damage. I think the limiting factor would be fatigue, as in after kicking, punching and throwing them a couple hundred times you would be damn tired!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
Parker36

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Lesotho
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

I would pick one up by the feet and swing him around in circles knocking all his cohorts out. The number I could take out depends on how long before I get too dizzy to stand up.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
Baja_Brewer

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Rhode Island

You're not worried about them piling up on your ankles and legs and eventually climbing all over you?

You'd have to stop spinning eventually... plus I bet if one or two managed to get a running start they could jump pretty well. Sure they're not organized but kids do jump and sutff

Old 04-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
RogerMcAllen
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Decatur, IL
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I've read about this sort of thing before, and I think they key is to stay aggressive. Since they are only 5, fear is a major motivator. If they start piling in you are in trouble. If you can immediately charge the mass of them and kill one you will get them to fear you, which should make them a bit more timid. Build on that and keep charging in making the easy kills.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:29 AM   #9
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

May 2008
Watertown, CT
Liked 3740 Times on 3580 Posts

Shiite, all you have to do is tickle one of them. Tickle one and they all want to be tickled. They'd all be peeing their pants before they could do any real damage.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 AM   #10
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts

Grab the closest one by the hair.
Draw them in and bite their ear off.
Spit it in the general direction of the crowd.
Spread your arms...look into the sky and give a primordial scream.
Lift left leg and rip a monster fart.

...then ask..."who's next?"

That should inject just enough hesitance that you should be able to mop them up.