how noticable of a difference in the final product by...... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > how noticable of a difference in the final product by......

Old 07-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #11
jar

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Needham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppedup
i just got the idea cause Sams Club has these 38qt turkey deep fryers with propane burner stand and everything for like $40! I guess i could still get one for the turkey tho
The pot on those is probably made of Aluminum. I'm just a newbie, but I was under the impression that boiling in aluminum was bad, and stainless steel was required.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #12
cweston

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Manhattan, KS
Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar
The pot on those is probably made of Aluminum. I'm just a newbie, but I was under the impression that boiling in aluminum was bad, and stainless steel was required.
This is a highly controversial topic. But I think you'll find that a fair number of people here use aluminum and get great results.

I think there's little doubt that if you want to invest in a high-quality piece of cooking equipment to last a lifetime, then stainless is the way to go. But a person could get a lot of good brews out of an aluminum pan, IMHO.

Primary: none
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale