Show us your SWMBO... - Page 167 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Show us your SWMBO...

Old 07-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #1661
Spicemon1972
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2012
Montgomery, IL
Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB
I lost her last year but this is Judi, my soul mate for twenty years. Judi loved brewing too (helping) and drinking our potions as well. Love your ladies guys. Do everything you can every day of your life to make sure they know it.
No words - thanks for reminding us what is important. So very sorry for your loss. Can't imagine what that would be like.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #1662
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB
I lost her last year but this is Judi, my soul mate for twenty years. Judi loved brewing too (helping) and drinking our potions as well. Love your ladies guys. Do everything you can every day of your life to make sure they know it.
So sorry RVB

Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #1663
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Sorry for your horrible loss. I don't know what I would do without my wife. I'm not the best when it comes to taking care of kids. She is thankfully.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #1664
skeezerpleezer
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Roswell, GA
Liked 677 Times on 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead

Definitely not Brad Pitt. That's me holding the beer (at Brewerkz in Singapore) in my avatar.

Cheers!
I just spent several evenings at Brewerkz last week. I enjoy going to Singapore a lot, been there 4 times and have got at least 2 more trips this year. Far better than going to China. Did you meet the lady friend there?

As far as the picture, is it Porters?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #1665
ThickHead
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA
Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezerpleezer View Post
I just spent several evenings at Brewerkz last week. I enjoy going to Singapore a lot, got 2 more trips this year. Did you meet the lady friend there?
That's some kind of business they do there at Brewerkz, huh? It always impresses me. Great beer, good food and you meet people from just about everywhere.

As for where I met my wife, your guess is not far off. She is from Indonesia and I met her in the Riau. Batam, in fact.

Quote:
As far as the picture, is it Porters?
Do you mean "The Porter" in Little Five Points? If so, no. And to be honest I don't remember where, exactly, that picture was taken. Somewhere in Buckhead or Midtown. She'll probably remember. I will ask her sometime today.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #1666
ThickHead
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby View Post
Huh. My backyard. Let's see if I can guess. Give me a hint. Midtown?
I forget actually. She will remember though. I'll holler back when she refreshes my memory.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #1667
ThickHead
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgln View Post
I don't believe she is yours. I think I will need to see a couple pictures with you in it to be sure...maybe on the beach or by the pool or something.

(I hope he buys it but I doubt it )
Probably not exactly what you had in mind but.....we are on the beach.

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #1668
ThickHead
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB View Post
Love your ladies guys. Do everything you can every day of your life to make sure they know it.
Well said!

Sorry for your loss. It's a cruel thing to have the ones we love taken from us. At least you had those 20 years. I am sure that is silver lining enough....if only just. Keep on keepin' on, amigo.

-Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #1669
skeezerpleezer
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Roswell, GA
Liked 677 Times on 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead

That's some kind of business they do there at Brewerkz, huh? It always impresses me. Great beer, good food and you meet people from just about everywhere.

As for where I met my wife, your guess is not far off. She is from Indonesia and I met her in the Riau. Batam, in fact.

Do you mean "The Porter" in Little Five Points? If so, no. And to be honest I don't remember where, exactly, that picture was taken. Somewhere in Buckhead or Midtown. She'll probably remember. I will ask her sometime today.
Yep, Brewerkz is great. It's the only place I have found in Asia that has a beer menu that is worth a chit. Good house beers and foreign imports. They had some nice American house beers last week (pale ale, black IPA, etc). I think I read somewhere or was told the owner was either American or spent some time here.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #1670
ThickHead
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezerpleezer View Post
Yep, Brewerkz is great. It's the only place I have found in Asia that has a beer menu that is worth a chit. Good house beers and foreign imports. They had some nice American house beers last week (pale ale, black IPA, etc). I think I read somewhere or was told the owner was either American or spent some time here.
Yeah...lots of cool stuff happening in Clarke Quay. The wife and I spend a lot of time there every year. We keep a house in Indonesia and Singapore is only a 45 minute ferry ride away. If our plans work out we will be moving to Singapore in a couple years. Not sure for how long, but we love it there.

-Abraham Lincoln