Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Bad Taste
Old 05-26-2005, 05:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

other things to consider...

are you pouring the entire bottle into your glass?

i just ask, cause i've done that before and the beer tastes horrible if you get too much of the spent yeast in the glass...

what sort of grains have you been using?

have you been using the same type of grains for different batches (the same recipe?), and more specifically grains from the same bag or bin where you buy your grain? it could be bad grain...

or it could also be that you are using too much adjunct grain, that is imparting harsh flavors. example, i brewed an ale with too much biscut malt (two pounds worth in an eight pound grain bill) and it was a ruff beer, quafable, but bitter and dry to the point of absurdity. i did the same thing in a stout, before i realized how much flavor the adjuncts like chocolate and black patent actually contribute, that one i had four pounds of of the two in an eight pound grain bill, and the beer was undrinkable for taste, due to the poor recipe formulation.

A barrel of malt, a bushel of hops, you stir it around with a stick
The kind of lubrication to make your engine tick

never argue with an idiot, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.