Hello everyone. I want to thank everyone that has contributed their knowledge to this massive thread. It took me a few days to get through it, but I finally did it. However, as much as I want to start on the project as soon as possible, I am still very hesitant to begin. So much so, that I joined to contribute my own "dumb" questions. Here goes.
1. I decided that I will follow the parts list listed on the first page with a minor change. My tube will be 1.5" instead of 2". The heater element should be sufficient for up to 10 gallons correct?
2. I have never dealt with wiring electronics. This is probably what is keeping me from pulling the trigger. The brewersequipment website really scared me with their warning on wiring this stuff. Is there anyway that you can dumb the diagram a bit more, or explain the connections to those that are electrically challenged?
3. How do you ground the element so as to make it safe.
4. Is the original diagram setup so that I can use the pump independently from the heater? So as to transfer wort into my BK and through my CFC. Someone asked this earlier but I didnt find a clear answer.
5. I really like the toolbox RIMS setup. What else do I need in terms of parts to accomplish this? (e.g. Toolbox, switches, etc. ). Can question 4 be accomplished with a toolbox setup?
If there is anyway someone can compile a step-by-step instructional video or text, that would be great. Thank you guys so much and I apologize for the abundance of questions. Again, I just don't want to end up killing myself.