so i was in a bit of a hurry and bombarded with cooking, watching my daughter, and cleaning my equipment. i didn't really have too many chances to look at my recipe while i was brewing. i used whole hops leaf and it seemd to soak up the water a good bit more than the pellets i used last time. i scaled the recipe to a 4 gallon batch cuz i only had a 5 gallon carboy. i ended up with about 3 gallons of wort. i didn't get a chance to get a gravity reading because it was about 9:30 pm when i got the last drippings from my boil kettle. according to beersmith, i may be looking at round 1.09 8.8%
my last batch was round 2.5% but it tasted really good. i can live with 8% if its as good tasting as the last.
original recipe is irish ale... i think i ended up with a wee heavy
i'll get the hang of it sooner or later