Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Gluten Free Recipe Books

Old 07-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Gluten Free
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Gluten Free Recipe Books

Hello all,
Two years ago I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant & I can't drink beer since.
That's the reason why I got into home brewing and so far tried only one 20lt batch of mead (Honey, Orange peel & Ginger).
The result was OK (in comparison to not having beer at all) but it's not my kind of beer Before I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant I drank mostly Guiness, Leffe, Kilkeny etc.
I understand that there are a lot of Belgium fruit beers which are very good & gluten free.
Though after reading about gluten free home brewing & malting, I found some good info, I would like to have a recipe book dedicated to fruit beers.
Since there are only few people dealing with home brewing in Israel and even less that are brewing non barley grains, I ask for your help in finding a book dealing with fruit beers & meads.
It does not have to be all gluten free brewing, just enough for me to have a good start.
Thanks,
Shallev.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
artfldodger
Recipes 

I know Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee has a gluton free beer, I buy it for my girlfriends mom (I mean SWMBO's mom) when we go visit her in NYC. Its brewed with Rice extract and sorghum. It actually tastes like a good Miller which im sure you could add some fruit to it when you're fermenting it.

I don't have a recipe for it or know of any books to suggest, so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable then myself comes by and helps you out. Or you can always ask the brewery, they might help a little in starting to put together gluton free recipe's.

http://www.newgrist.com/

good luck!

Old 07-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 134 Posts

Belgium fruit beers are not gluten free, they are standard styles with fruit added.
http://www.beerhunter.com/documents/19133-000214.html

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 07-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
G. Cretin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I saw a recipe for quinoa ( Keen-wah) beer. You should be able to find that with a google search, No books though maybe you should compile recipes and write it.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
budbo
Beer is good
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Do a search here for "gluten Free" there are a few threads on this subject with some good links

Old 07-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
Gluten Free
Recipes 

Thank you all,
I did read the gluten free threads & most of the serious gluten free brewing sites.
I understand that there is no escape from malting GF grains myself.
I'll probably add some more questions before I start.
Thanks,
Shallev.