Best website ever! - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best website ever!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
blakey971
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Posts: 89


I've been making beer for only a couple months, but with great results.

Just wanted to give props to this website for the wealth of knowledge and motivation it gives to the beginning brewer. What a great community!

Kudos!




 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
EvilTOJ
 
EvilTOJ's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Posts: 6,401
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts


You're welcome! Cheers!


__________________
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
histo320
Recipes 
 
Nov 2008
Manteno, IL
Posts: 1,126
Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts


This is the best website ever. I mean, Jeez, you post a question and BAM, it is answered by somebody. I will have to say I have received very little incorrect information, most people are very knowledgable but just don't get in a debate over primary vs. secondary!
__________________
Sideline Brewery

Drinking - Craft Brews
Primary - Surly Bender (clone)
Secondary - Zombiedust (clone)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Donthoseme
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
Anchorage, AK
Posts: 339
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


I used to be a brewboard supporter and would only wander here occasionaly when bored. I wandered into a beginner thread and saw some people bashing some noob. It took me a little while to com e back but i found out it was a fluke thing and you guys (and gals) are awesome! The wonderful wealth of info not to mention the much better organization of the web site and cooler features like picture galleries. I now never go Brewboard especially after the implosion a few weeks ago. I'm a die hard HBT now!!
__________________
Zombie Brewing Co.

UNDEAD Dunkelweise
Baby Bryce Barleywine
1st Anniversary Ale (Imperial Porter)
Night of The Living Dead Ale (belgian porter) (DECEASED)
Dawn of The Dead Ale (Belgial IPA)(DECEASED)
The Omega Ale (Quad)(DECEASED)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,507
Liked 146 Times on 57 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Donthoseme View Post
I used to be a brewboard supporter and would only wander here occasionaly when bored. I wandered into a beginner thread and saw some people bashing some noob. It took me a little while to com e back but i found out it was a fluke thing and you guys (and gals) are awesome! The wonderful wealth of info not to mention the much better organization of the web site and cooler features like picture galleries. I now never go Brewboard especially after the implosion a few weeks ago. I'm a die hard HBT now!!

About the only time you'll see something like that around here is when the newbies ask for advice and then go do their own thing anyway, despite warnings that their ideas for quick alcohol is going to taste like lighter fluid.
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
bsruther
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Northern Kentucky
Posts: 106
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


What I like most about this site is how civil people are with each other.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 AM   #7
BrewChick
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
New York
Posts: 16

I love it here too. I've gotten all of my questions answered without ever having to post them
__________________
Just brewed my first beer on April 13, 2009. Finally sealed the fermenter in the wee hours of the morning. Honey Brown Ale from Northern Brewer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
homebrewer_99
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,792
Liked 131 Times on 98 Posts


You're welcome...we try...
__________________
HB Bill

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
Irie5447
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Cleveland, OH
Posts: 169
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by histo320 View Post
This is the best website ever. I mean, Jeez, you post a question and BAM, it is answered by somebody. I will have to say I have received very little incorrect information, most people are very knowledgable but just don't get in a debate over primary vs. secondary!
Or ask what SWMBO stand for!!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #10
annasdadhockey
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Kingston, PA
Posts: 1,761
Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bsruther View Post
What I like most about this site is how civil people are with each other.
Hey, **** off. just kidding. I agree, this is an incredible site with an enormous wealth of knowledge. Thank you.


__________________
Anybody can be a rockstar when the rest of the room is wearing helmets and drooling on themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you think of my new website? The Dude General Beer Discussion 15 07-03-2009 04:31 PM
Another Website RWBooneJr Recipes/Ingredients 1 12-10-2007 09:33 AM


Forum Jump