How did you find us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually doing a search for busty, half naked, female avatars when I found this site. I just happened to be a homebrewer.:p

I liked what I saw and the rest is, as they say, history...

Cheers!
:mug:

Sure, go ahead, make me feel like the weird guy. (ok, I am I know....)

Yahoo... :eek:

Searched "homebrewing message boards" and kept going down the list...

(and IMHO this one is STILL the best.... :rockin: )

Ize

Greetings. My name is Chris, and I found your site doing a google search on the phrase "to boil or not boil" +mead.

I am part owner in a home brewing supply store. I am also very active in an historical club called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), where historical practices are researched and re-created - such as brewing techniques. Finally, I am a card-carrying member of the American Homebrewers Association as well as local clubs and/or guilds in three different communities.

As part of my work with the brew store, I put out an electronic newsletter called the Foamy Express (the shop is in St. Joe, MO - home of the Pony Express). The August issue is focusing on mead, and I am considering for the feature article the pros and cons of boiling honey. I have been checking numerous fora and some historical references to get some ideas, and that's how I stumbled in here.

Now that I'm here, I hope to be involved in some fo the discussions. I also hope some of you will feel compelled to ask me about the Foamy Express, the SCA historical brewing, and/or my shop (www.thehomebrewstore.com). --Chris

Ize said:
Sure, go ahead, make me feel like the weird guy. (ok, I am I know....)

Yahoo... :eek:

Searched "homebrewing message boards" and kept going down the list...

(and IMHO this one is STILL the best.... :rockin: )

Ize

I did the same thing, and I agree that this one is the best one. We have a great group of people here. I probably spend more time on the greenboard but I definitley post more here. :D

a bunch of google searches on different brewing topics all led to the same place. I had to join.

- magno

Another for Google. Idon't know what I was searching for exactly, but it was related to homebrewing.

Google for me too. Researching homebrewing to get started on it, and ran into a post or two here relevant to what I was looking into. Double-true.

The usenet forum through Google groups used to be my only homebrew stop on the Net. I saw this posting while I was there one day back in January of '05 and the rest is brewistory.

My buddy had just bought a homebrew kit the week previous, I filled in the equipment gaps & we asked the LHBS guy for an easy 1st recepie. We made it, and it was fermenting away so I tried trudging through Papizan's book and was failing terribly (ADD makes reading difficult, maybe that's why I suck at spelling <------ worlds WORST speller) so I went to google and did a search on homebrew. Found that Palmer guy's online book, which felt the same as reading a book(5 min at a time and I can't remember what I have read*sigh* !@#$ this blasted ADD stuff) then stumbled here. Thank you GOOGLE!!! I have never posted on any websites before. This sight is GODSENT!!! Because of this site I can sit down and read for hours on end about brewing. Something I can't do with a book. Everyone here is extremely helpful, kind, dosn't mind helping someone that is less experienced and then there is Cheesefood's avatars... *DROOL* (well, the "large" one and the BBQ is disturbing tho...) Thank you all! You have helped me more than any of you could ever know.:mug:

Back