What would you send to UPS or some other company you are mad at? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What would you send to UPS or some other company you are mad at?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
bscriver
Recipes 

Dec 2008

As I approach a month of waiting for UPS to drop off my brewing salts, I call them up and complain alot. They have decided to give me $150 free shipping I'm going to ask for another $150 two marrow , and they'll give it to me, because they have a catch. Outbound packages from my address only, valid for 90 days. I never have more then a letter or two to send on any given month,so Im pondering a cost effective package to send to the management of ups to burn my credit, cost them money, and show them I don't like them. I was thinking a 20lb box of rocks to a half dozen of the executives. I dont know anyone got a better idea?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #2
scinerd3000

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Milton, De
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

coal? Or just take a **** in there and let them have it. Although that could be construed as hazardous waste. I like the rocks idea.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
Birchgrove77
Recipes 

Jul 2008
Saint Charles, IL

I think you have three choices on this, and depending on your mood both are valid.

One, use the credit to distribute excellent local beers to HBT members that can't get those fantastic beers in their location. You'll probably be rewarded two-fold from HBT members with fantastic examples of homebrew and beers that are difficult to impossible to find in your area.

Two, enter every competition you can so you can get some excellent feedback on your own beer. All your friends raving about your IPA, see how it stacks up on the East Coast, West Coast, or even Australia. It seems like shipping samples would be the most cost prohibitive part of entering comps.

Three, brew up a nice UPS Brown (see their marketing did pay off) with as many off the wall adjuncts that are not suppossed to be in beer and send a sixer to each of the corporate executives. Ok..this probably isn't the best idea, but it might make for an interesting thread.

Three,

Old 04-14-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 697 Times on 513 Posts

get a large box and send yourself to the CEO of UPS. When he opens it, jump out and yell WATER MELON! In a very loud voice.....Then just go and sit in a corner making a noise like a banana.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #5
Ceedubya

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Helena, MT
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
get a large box and send yourself to the CEO of UPS. When he opens it, jump out and yell WATER MELON! In a very loud voice.....Then just go and sit in a corner making a noise like a banana.

Excactly what noise does a banana make?

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to
have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and
sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Send a letter, one word at a time per package, to the CEO outlining your dissatisfaction with their company.

Optional is to write the letter with dog ****, blood or somehting else that is gross.

Anything smelly though might go undelivered. And your message might be consider the act of a nut case if you use any of the above options.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
Scooterkdavis

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Northern California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

whats wroung with anthrax???
or an eleven year old mail order bride/groom from Thailand sent to the CEO's home
or the blue ray of Armageddon
or a case of Bud Ice?

Old 04-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
FireBrewer

Recipes 

May 2007
Fallston, MD
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Step one: cut a hole in the box...

Old 04-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3459 Times on 3280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBrewer View Post
Step one: cut a hole in the box...
BWAHAHAHA

I second sending homebrew to me...I mean members of HBT. No I meant me.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
JesseRC

Recipes 

Oct 2008
San Antonio
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

i would send them sausage casings. I used to work there , I think they are great. I've never had a problem with any electronics or homebrew deliveries. Anyhow, when I was sorting those sausaged casings, man were they nasty, and if they are late getting there they will smell horrible.

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy