Use Guy R All Fkin Awesome! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Use Guy R All Fkin Awesome!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
Feb 2009
Clinton, NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Come on now... im not gonna lie its 2 am and i have had some homebrews but not often enough do we thank the WHOLE community that is HBT! Were all awesome. And that stupid homebrew talk website can kiss our a$$. I mean, they are a spinoff and say that HBT is full of elite people like Edwort or Revvy or whoever. But Edwort and Revvy and others are WHY we brew great and WHY get better. Were not saying these guys, (and gals, Yooper) are Gods. But they know a hell of alot more than us, and they are kind enough to help us with whatever we need. All of us in this community are great people... who needs another homebrew site??? We got it ALL right here. Everyone who agrees HAHB and say THANK YOU HBT!
By The Headstones Brewery - Clinton, NY
Ale brewed with REAL spirits, raise a toast to the ghost!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 8888 Times on 7116 Posts

Thank you HBT!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Oct 2007
Littleton, CO
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

Thanks to all the HBT'ers, newbie and oldbie alike.

And remember, two aspirin and a big glass of water before bed.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
Apr 2009
Northern California

Can I ferment in my stomach?

This site is awesome!!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Sep 2008

This site is great. I've got my first brew in it's second fermentation now and the info i've gotten from this site has been great. I'll be here for a long time to come!

Old 04-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Feb 2008
Fort Wayne
Liked 31 Times on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Beau815 View Post
Edwort and Revvy and others are WHY we brew
lol wtf is this

Old 04-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I brew because I want to...
HB Bill

Old 04-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
Mar 2009
, South Carolina
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

This is a wonderful site!

My LHBS dude told me that only 5% of the brewers are all grain. That seems like a low number to me, but maybe that is his experience in the local area here.

If it wasn't for this group, I would have been too intimidated to ever go all grain and I would have likely given up brewing beer around my 2nd or 3rd batch. There has been lots of great advice and suggestions in here about things I had never heard about. Everyone here has given me the itch to explore doing things like making my own recipes and getting out of my brewing comfort zone to try all sorts of different things.

You folks ROCK!
Fermenting: Grand Cru, Belgian Dubbel, Nut Brown Ale, Saison Sans Soul

Kegged: Honey Amber Ale, Centennial Blonde Ale,

Gone but not forgotten: Irish Red

Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Hobby Collector
Nov 2007
Liked 3484 Times on 3302 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonedef131 View Post
lol wtf is this
Yea sorry Beua that's a bit stockerish They are very knowledgeable and very good people, but I'd like to think I'd still brew without them
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3192 Times on 1885 Posts

Originally Posted by LaurieGator View Post
My LHBS dude told me that only 5% of the brewers are all grain. That seems like a low number to me, but maybe that is his experience in the local area here.
You folks ROCK!
Actually he's not far off the may seem like there's a lot of ag-ers out there, but in reality the largest percentage in the world would be kit and kilo brewers (cooper's) and extract brewers . It's only been in the last few years with the ability to cheaply do full volume boils (with turkey fryers) and easy to make mashtuns out of coolers, that all grain brewing has become a lot more popular. But still a lot of hobbiests never progress being extract with grain.

Charlie Papazian discussed that in a Basic Brewing Pod-cast over the last couple of years...I don't know if it's as low as 5% percent...but it still is pretty low.

Me, elitist? I'm the aniti-EAC...Would my post count be so freaking high from answering the same questions over and over if I were some sort of elitist?
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew