Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009 - Page 55 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Old 06-05-2009, 04:40 AM   #541
JohnBarleycorn
Recipes 

Mar 2006
Brownstown Township MI

Detroit stunk up the joint , their D left Osgood out to dry . Pens kicked their asses tonight . Kronwall was a downright liability . Offense was severely lacking , who will step up ?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #542
Mustangj

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Royal Oak, MI Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Pittsburgh play really good. I thought in the second that the wings might have it.

Game 5 should be real good.

Michigan Mashers
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/michigan-mashers/

Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #543
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5181 Times on 3512 Posts

Combination of Pittsburgh coming out to play, and Detroit hanging Ozzie out to dry. It's a 3 game series!! Nothing like a good finals series to keep you entertained.

Too bad I was not allowed to drink beer last night or I would have drank the Wings to victory!

Anyone notice if Yooper has changed her avatar back to Red Wings?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #544
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Yup, they possibly blew their entire season in a 6 minute stretch. Kronwall was embarrassing, and Hossa should stay in Pittsburg. I hope Datsyuk comes back for game 5, we all know the winner of that game wins the cup.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #545
shmoo
Recipes 

Dec 2008
doylestown, pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstev50 View Post
I don't think any of those were weak goals. Pittsburgh did a great job tonite clogging up the passing lanes and they were pouncing on every rebound in front of Fleury. Lots of "missed" calls on both sides. I don't have a problem with that, if they consistently miss calls. Crosby should get an oscar after that swan dive when Maltby "slashed" him
i'm pretty sure when he "slashed" him he got him right in the back of the knee, it really didn't look too harmful but i'm sure it probably hurt him for a few minutes. there were definately missed calls on both ends i thought it was called fairly. that first goal was really damn close too being offsides but i think it was too close to call for the refs. and detroits power play is really sucking hardcore. and i don't think datysuk is really gonna make that big of an impression if he comes back. i mean itll give them a boost in morale, but i'm sure he'll see limited ice time, and the pens will probably use his injury to their advantage. they are playing too fast and too aggressive for someone probably not skating 100 percent. and i don't understand why but it seems like they are trying to make sure crosby doesn't get any open ice with the puck but malkin seems like he is seeing plenty of it. im predicting upset in detroit, pens win 4-1.

lets go pens
bottled 04/04/09: 75 minute (yeah thats right 75) I.P.A.
bottled 1/02/09: chocogranate porter

Old 06-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #546
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8171 Times on 5696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post

Anyone notice if Yooper has changed her avatar back to Red Wings?
Nope. Not yet. Just keeping this avatar as a reminder to behave.

If it stays civil, I'll bring back a more suitable avatar.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 AM   #547
cimirie

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Orlando, FL
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
i'm pretty sure when he "slashed" him he got him right in the back of the knee, it really didn't look too harmful but i'm sure it probably hurt him for a few minutes. there were definately missed calls on both ends i thought it was called fairly. that first goal was really damn close too being offsides but i think it was too close to call for the refs. and detroits power play is really sucking hardcore. and i don't think datysuk is really gonna make that big of an impression if he comes back. i mean itll give them a boost in morale, but i'm sure he'll see limited ice time, and the pens will probably use his injury to their advantage. they are playing too fast and too aggressive for someone probably not skating 100 percent. and i don't understand why but it seems like they are trying to make sure crosby doesn't get any open ice with the puck but malkin seems like he is seeing plenty of it. im predicting upset in detroit, pens win 4-1.

lets go pens

OK, so as to not get broiled before I begin... Nice game Pens. Well executed, great offense, good hits, good screens. Nice game.

Now as to Datsyuk... I think you may be right that he may only give the Wings a morale boost - but this series is being played so well, a morale boost is all the Wings need. But as I've stated before, I think you're right. Datsyuk isn't the answer.

The slashing... Come on. I'm sure by now you've seen the Youtube video that showed the play in slow motion. Not only did Crosby break his own stick, he never got touched at all. From the ref angle, the call I guess could be understandable. But it doesn't change the fact it WAS a bad call.

The offsides... Close, but also a missed call.

I'm not here to say that the refs have been good on either side of the ice. They haven't. But, it's just a bit hard to swallow that NO missed/bad calls against the Pens have been in situations where Detroit could capitalize. Missed calls have led DIRECTLY to 3 odd man rushes for the Pens - all resulting in goals in this series.

OPEN YOUR EYES REFS so we can debate the quality of games and not quibble about penalties!
You guys joke around with this all you want, but let me tell you something: I tried making my own beer one time and wound up with herpes!

Primary: Billy Corrigan Ale, malted cider experiment, Optimator clone
Secondary: Sorachi Ace IPA
Bottled: Dark Lord Clone Imperial Stout, Winter 2010 Spiced Ale Ambassador Brown Ale, Michigan Berry pLambic
Kegged: Old Woodward ESB, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: Honey brown ale, dry stout

Old 06-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #548
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
and i don't think datysuk is really gonna make that big of an impression if he comes back
Um, he did score 97 points this season, he wouldn't be skating if they didn't think he isn't going to be effective. Even at 80% his puck handling and passing skills will be a huge help. And they aren't going to lose 4-1 at home.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #549
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Th reffing has been terrible in the NHL ever since a large number of experienced refs retired a few years back. The league really needs to address this. It's making the sport look like a joke.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #550
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 656 Times on 438 Posts

and...

If you make any comments on the zebras or their calls you get a big fat fine. Just ask Quenneville.

Betman really needs to get his head out of his ass.