Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009 - Page 53 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Old 06-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #521
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Cereal City, USA
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstev50 View Post
Which is why Detroit can get someone like Hossa to come in for less money. Ken Holland has done a great job putting this team together - past, present and future. Guys like Ericsson, Helm and DarthKbader wouldn't be up if it weren't for injuries, but they've shown that they can play with the big boys. Holland doesn't believe in pushing the youngsters too fast unless it's absolutely necessary. Let them tear it up in Grand Rapids and when they get to Detroit they can step right in.
i believe the term holland uses is an 'overripe' appraoch to your drafted talent. hell it took filpula like 3yrs to crack the lineup.
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #522
cimirie

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Orlando, FL
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
WTF? When did this become the "insults and smack talk" thread?

Knock it off. I want to talk about hockey, not have back and forth insults.

I knew the game last night would be fast paced, and it was. What's up with Datsyuk anyway? He hasn't played in a long time, and all I hear is "sore foot" as an explanation. I know Babcock is tight lipped about injuries, but this must be pretty serious to keep Pavel out of the Stanley Cup finals.

I know I'm way late to the party. Haven't been on in about a week. But to answer your question about Datsyuk, a little birdie who is connected to the organization says fractured foot. Not sure if it's series-ending, but to me, I'm not all that concerned. Datsyuk has been less than stellar and I've been anything but impressed with his play the past few series. And sure it'd be easy to point out his lack of points, but his offense seems frantic - not smooth and controlled as is his norm. I say, right now, we're better off without him.

And to hop on the Datsyuk/Crosby offense debate (I told you I was late to the party)... I'm a huge Wings fan. They have the better team. But really??? This is even a debate? With the puck, Crosby can single-handedly control a shift from start to finish. Datsyuk at one point was an offensive power, and still is a big threat. But he's never had the total control, flair, and ability to find the back of the net that Crosby has. Now, if you're gonna throw the complete game into the picture, Datsyuk WILL win the debate - but only by default as I have more defensive ability than Crosby.

Why then does he win all these trophies and is being called the best player since [insert favorite hall of famer here]? Because while defense will win the cup, offense sells tickets. And in the cash-strapped NHL, they need every ticket and TV viewer they can get so they need to promote offense. They can't afford not to - even when it ignores one of the most important factors in the game.
You guys joke around with this all you want, but let me tell you something: I tried making my own beer one time and wound up with herpes!

Primary: Billy Corrigan Ale, malted cider experiment, Optimator clone
Secondary: Sorachi Ace IPA
Bottled: Dark Lord Clone Imperial Stout, Winter 2010 Spiced Ale Ambassador Brown Ale, Michigan Berry pLambic
Kegged: Old Woodward ESB, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: Honey brown ale, dry stout

Old 06-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #523
mstev50

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Northville, MI
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

"They" say Datsyuk looked really good at practice yesterday. He was able to make all the cuts, so hopefully he will play tonite. I'm hoping it isn't a fractured foot, but even a deep bruise makes skating painful. He was at the restaurant where my daughter works last week and she said he was walking pretty well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Datsyuk_OB.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	11463  

Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #524
cimirie

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Orlando, FL
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

yeah, I got the impression it was more "hairline" fracture as opposed to broken all the way through. Give it a week or so to begin to heal, tape the hell out of it and soften the blow with cortozone... He should be ready to go.
You guys joke around with this all you want, but let me tell you something: I tried making my own beer one time and wound up with herpes!

Primary: Billy Corrigan Ale, malted cider experiment, Optimator clone
Secondary: Sorachi Ace IPA
Bottled: Dark Lord Clone Imperial Stout, Winter 2010 Spiced Ale Ambassador Brown Ale, Michigan Berry pLambic
Kegged: Old Woodward ESB, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: Honey brown ale, dry stout

Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #525
Mustangj

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Royal Oak, MI Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Drink everytime you hear the announcers say crosby.

Michigan Mashers
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/michigan-mashers/

Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #526
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Jesus Christ, it's painfully obvious the refs want Pittsturd to win. To blow a call at center ice is unforgivable. That offside on the first goal was awful too.

And Pittsturd don't even say it's fair, it was in front of God and everybody.

That being said, the level of play has been off the charts!!!!!!, on both sides.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #527
Spludge

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Alaska
Liked 29 Times on 9 Posts

Walked down to the local watering hole and the tv was occupied by a bunch of basketball fans... #!@@#$%@#$!!!!!!

[email protected] Seattle, I'm sure all u guys in Michigan don't have this problem.

Looks like a good game too, following the updates on NHL.com...

Fermenting
Jamil's Russian Imperial Stout, RIS Partigyle, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Denny Conn RyeIPA, BierMuncher's B.W. #2

Bottle Conditioning/Drinking
Jamil's ESB, Honey Raspberry,EdWort's Bavarian Hefe, Oatmeal Stout, Jamil's Amber Ale, BierMuncher's Belgian Wit, Red Ale, Kitchen Sink, Yeasty Beasty Hefe, American Pale, Zone Zero Black, Maibock

Foster School of Business

Husky Ice Hockey

Old 06-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #528
marubozo
I can has homebrew?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
SW Michigan
Liked 5403 Times on 5254 Posts

This game is complete BS.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #529
Spludge

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Alaska
Liked 29 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
This game is complete BS.
I sure as heck don't know what is going on , but that sounds good for Pittsburgh fans..........

Fermenting
Jamil's Russian Imperial Stout, RIS Partigyle, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Denny Conn RyeIPA, BierMuncher's B.W. #2

Bottle Conditioning/Drinking
Jamil's ESB, Honey Raspberry,EdWort's Bavarian Hefe, Oatmeal Stout, Jamil's Amber Ale, BierMuncher's Belgian Wit, Red Ale, Kitchen Sink, Yeasty Beasty Hefe, American Pale, Zone Zero Black, Maibock

Foster School of Business

Husky Ice Hockey

Old 06-05-2009, 01:59 AM   #530
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spludge View Post
I sure as heck don't know what is going on , but that sounds good for Pittsburgh fans..........
I try not to be a homer, but there were 4 or at least 3 obvious calls missed. Unacceptable for a finals. They are to evenly matched for this bullshi t.