Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009 - Page 52 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Old 06-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #511
shmoo
Recipes 

Dec 2008
doylestown, pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by red82mtu View Post
Apparently you can't teach a zebra to count to 6. Good game, it just would be nice to see some consistency from those wearing a orange armband.
i thought they called a very good game, i mean they did miss that to many men but they didn't see it and the wings didn't see it until it was too late. i dont think they are calling the very borderline penalties which is good. both teams got their powerplays but the penguins got 2 goals out of them. fleury was a lot more solid that game. osgood was good too he obviously didn't see that shot from gonchar coming. the big hits from the pens looked like it started to wear the wings down at times there, and created a few turnovers, and thats how you have to play the wings. hopefully the pens come out with the same type of style on thursday to tie up the series.

lets go pens
bottled 04/04/09: 75 minute (yeah thats right 75) I.P.A.
bottled 1/02/09: chocogranate porter

Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #512
Spludge

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Alaska
Liked 29 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoChef View Post
And how are the Wings like the Yankees? I'm curious to hear why you make that analogy.
Your kidding right? They are stacked by buying half the talent in the league! That's the parallel I was after

I'm just glad we have a series, it wasn't looking good after game 2.

Fermenting
Jamil's Russian Imperial Stout, RIS Partigyle, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Denny Conn RyeIPA, BierMuncher's B.W. #2

Bottle Conditioning/Drinking
Jamil's ESB, Honey Raspberry,EdWort's Bavarian Hefe, Oatmeal Stout, Jamil's Amber Ale, BierMuncher's Belgian Wit, Red Ale, Kitchen Sink, Yeasty Beasty Hefe, American Pale, Zone Zero Black, Maibock

Foster School of Business

Husky Ice Hockey

Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #513
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 608 Times on 403 Posts

The difference in this game was Fluery didn't suck. much. after the first.

The stacked team/Yankees reference is not accurate. NHL has a salary cap. You can't really go out and buy a team.

And, as predicted earlier, there are more Wings fans are posting here, now that they have figured out that their team is in the finals.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #514
mstev50

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Northville, MI
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spludge View Post
Your kidding right? They are stacked by buying half the talent in the league! That's the parallel I was after

I'm just glad we have a series, it wasn't looking good after game 2.
Really?!?!?!?
Current players drafted by Detroit:
Osgood
Franzen
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Lidstrom
Kronwall
Filppula
Holmstrom
Hudler
Kopecky
Ericsson
Abdelkader
Helm
Meech

Looks like they drafted pretty damn well!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #515
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts

Yeah, I love when people try to make that analogy without realizing there's a salary cap.

Makes it even more impressive that both Detroit and Pittsburgh are back in the finals.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #516
boo boo
Recipes 

Jun 2005
Hearts's Delight, Newfoundland
Liked 36 Times on 31 Posts

I was disappointed in my man Clearys play last night but he'll come around like the rest of the team and take the next two games. Go Wings.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #517
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5017 Times on 3387 Posts

Refs did ok last night. Standard missed calls. I was practically yelling for them to catch the too many men, but Pittsburgh got the extra off before they caught it.

I think Pittsburgh played better defensively last night, while Detroit seemed to be off a bit. Still it was a pretty even match again and pretty exciting. Both my wife and I had the same thought at one point, "Is it still just the first period?" Lots of action crammed in there.

I think the Wings who was sliding over to block that one goal should have done a better job. I expect them to risk injury or death to stop a goal! Going down on a knee didn't cut it.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #518
Apollo
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Raleigh, NC Area
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red82mtu View Post
Apparently you can't teach a zebra to count to 6. Good game, it just would be nice to see some consistency from those wearing a orange armband.
The refs were just letting them play. What's wrong with that? *sarcasm*

Old 06-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #519
Spludge

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Alaska
Liked 29 Times on 9 Posts

I'm not a total idiot, I realize there is a salary cap. I guess the word I should have used was "have" not "bought" but it was late
One of our junior A guys said the same thing at practice last night. It's more of a compliment then a dis, Detroit is a helluva organization.

Which is why I want to see them go down!

Fermenting
Jamil's Russian Imperial Stout, RIS Partigyle, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Denny Conn RyeIPA, BierMuncher's B.W. #2

Bottle Conditioning/Drinking
Jamil's ESB, Honey Raspberry,EdWort's Bavarian Hefe, Oatmeal Stout, Jamil's Amber Ale, BierMuncher's Belgian Wit, Red Ale, Kitchen Sink, Yeasty Beasty Hefe, American Pale, Zone Zero Black, Maibock

Foster School of Business

Husky Ice Hockey

Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #520
mstev50

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Northville, MI
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spludge View Post
I'm not a total idiot, I realize there is a salary cap. I guess the word I should have used was "have" not "bought" but it was late
One of our junior A guys said the same thing at practice last night. It's more of a compliment then a dis, Detroit is a helluva organization.

Which is why I want to see them go down!
Which is why Detroit can get someone like Hossa to come in for less money. Ken Holland has done a great job putting this team together - past, present and future. Guys like Ericsson, Helm and DarthKbader wouldn't be up if it weren't for injuries, but they've shown that they can play with the big boys. Holland doesn't believe in pushing the youngsters too fast unless it's absolutely necessary. Let them tear it up in Grand Rapids and when they get to Detroit they can step right in.