Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009 - Page 43 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #421
Mustangj

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Dublin, Oh
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBarleycorn View Post
Outstanding goal tending by Huet , very nice series (3 OTs) . Chicago is a damn fine team .
Look forward to the next few years .
Agreed!!

Michigan Mashers
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/michigan-mashers/

Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 AM   #422
dash14251
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Georgia

get that **** hotwings!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #423
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Go wings. You gotta beat those Eastern Bastids.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #424
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriktlupus View Post
see ya next year blackhawks! same time next playoffs right?

and as for the pens they still only have a one line team (crosby,malkin, and whoever they stick with them) and we all know how well zetterberg did last year shutting down crosby.
Crosby and Malkin aren't on the same line except first shift PP. Penguins and Wings are pretty evenly matched in terms of how many different people on their team have contributed this post season.

Hopefully Pavs and Nick are healthy.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:38 PM   #425
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4764 Times on 3216 Posts

Bah, Huet was awesum, but that kick save was a fluke. The puck *should* have been lifted a bit higher. But even disregarding that save, he was spectacular, and so was Ozzie! If the Hawks had played this style from the start, who knows what would have happened!

Crosby and Malkin are incredible and have some guys playing with them too. Plus, they have last year's experience to give them a lift. Expect a tuff, well fought battle this finals. That said, I think Detroit is going to have the edge in coaching, depth, and goaltending (if Ozzie can keep up his postseason performance!)

Almost too close to call.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #426
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2008
DuBoistown, PA
Liked 23 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post

Almost too close to call.
That's why they're going to play the series. It'll be good.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #427
Aleforge
Recipes 

May 2007
Wentzville, Missouri
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Very excited about this series, being a Norris fan I should be rooting for the wings. But I really want to see them go down.
PRIMARY - Orange Blossom Mead

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #428
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 492 Times on 338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleforge View Post
Very excited about this series, being a Norris fan I should be rooting for the wings. But I really want to see them go down.
Being a Norris fan prohibits you from rooting for the Wings.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #429
shmoo
Recipes 

Dec 2008
doylestown, pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimirie View Post
You're drinking your own stash again, aren't you? Pens take it? Crosby IS that team (and don't get me wrong, he is fantastic). there's just no way he can take on every line the Wings have himself. He may single-handedly beat the Wing's #1 scoring line (I don't think so, but I wouldn't suprise me totally), but the Wing's #2 and #3 lines would all be first shifters on any other team in the league. They're too deep, they're too talented, and they play too well as a full unit to let one player beat them.

Wings go home with the cup (again) in 6 games.
are you kidding me? do you watch hockey? when crosby and malkin play the kind of hockey they have been this season/postseason, they can take on any line detroit has. why do you think they both have 28 points detroit almost lost to the number 8 seed ducks. and you seem to have forgotten guys such as fedotenko, guerrin, kunitz, staal, gonchar , scuderi, and orpik. and remember early in the season when jordan staal from the 3rd line completely embarrassed your red wings, if staal can single handedly beat your wings, crosby and malkin will do way more. the penguins are playing the best hockey right now as a team in the playoffs, their defense has been nothing short of amazing. their penalty kill is better than detroits. dont get me wrong, its gonna be a great series but the youth, talent, aggressivness and speed of pittsburghs game right now is gonna wear down detroit.
bottled 04/04/09: 75 minute (yeah thats right 75) I.P.A.
bottled 1/02/09: chocogranate porter

Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #430
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4764 Times on 3216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoo View Post
are you kidding me? do you watch hockey? when crosby and malkin play the kind of hockey they have been this season/postseason, they can take on any line detroit has. why do you think they both have 28 points detroit almost lost to the number 8 seed ducks.

Not meaning to argue, but please let me point out that the 8th seed ducks HANDILY beat the #1 team in the league. And took the 3rd place team in the league to 7 games.

You really can't determine a teams talent in the playoffs by their regular season rankings.