Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > American Ale > All-Grain - Mojave Red

Old 02-10-2010, 01:38 AM   #31
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2855 Times on 1690 Posts
Likes Given: 3507

I can't say it enough. I'm drinking some of the batch brewed on Nov 7th...It is an amazing beer. Not just is it quaffable, it has a very rich flavor.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #32
ILOVEBEER
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My next brew for sure.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #33
Malticulous
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Thanks Ravvy.

I put this up at BMW for five gallons with 75% efficiency.
http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/...ous-mojave-red

This is next on my list. Sadly it may be a few months. Work just got crazy. That's a nice change after my slowest year ever.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #34
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroe View Post
Thanks Ravvy.

I put this up at BMW for five gallons with 75% efficiency.
http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/...ous-mojave-red

This is next on my list. Sadly it may be a few months. Work just got crazy. That's a nice change after my slowest year ever.
Yeah aren't you in construction or contracting, or something like that? I'm bet it's been a rough year. Glad you're getting some money flowing in.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #35
Malticulous
Recipes 

I'm a roofing foreman and I'm going to start installing photovoltaic systems. Work is mad for me right now (I hope this is a precursor to an turn in the economy in the rest of the country.). I'm working long days every day and when I get home I have my PV stuff keeping me busy. I'm going to brew this very soon. I have 10 gallons of other stuff waiting that I WILL bottle soon.

Last edited by Malticulous; 02-26-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #36
Malticulous
Recipes 

It rained today so I finally got a day off. I brewed this up. I got nearly 11 gallons of 1.060 wort.

17lb American Two-row (Great Western)
1lb Caramel Munich 80L (Franco Belges)
1lb Crystal Maris Otter - 50-60L (Simpson's)
1lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (Great Western)
8 oz Melanoidin Malt
3 oz Carafa II special
1/2 oz Roasted Barley - 550L

60 mins 2.0oz Palisades pellet 8
20 mins 1oz Saaz leaf 4.5
10 mins 1oz Willamette leaf 4.5
Dry hop 7 days 1oz Cascade pellet 6.0

It defiantly came out more red. I hope the imported crystals add the richness that the judges found missing. I've used the Franco Belges Caramel Munich 120L and it dose add rich malt flavors. I didn't want that dark of crystal in this beer. I hope the 80L tastes as good. My first batch of this used Simpson's medium crystal. All though the crystal Maris Otter is the same SRM it tastes different as grain. By the taste of the wort I think this is the best batch yet.

edit,

I bottled half five days ago (with a tad of T-58) and kegged the other half three days ago. Both are carbed. The bottled ones are better tasting and clearer. I did rack and cold crash that half a few days earlier. The ones off tap have a finer head--more like nitro. Head retention is great on both. Keep in mind I'm a very good bottler and have no experience kegging.

I like the imported crystals. I think Franco Belges is the best there is.

This is the best Amber I have ever tasted.

Edit,

The keg is good now. Took a week longer than the bottles. It's still not as clear. T-58 must help.

Last edited by Malticulous; 04-07-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #37
ILOVEBEER
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just tapped the keg from brewday March 22nd.........WOW!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #38
nutty_gnome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I brewed this in May and bottled it a few weeks ago. Its a good beer, malty and roasty. I used the latest incarnation with the imported crystal malts as listed under Malticulous Mojave Red in the American Ale - Amber Ale section of Brewmaster's warehouse.

Its a hearty malty Amber that pushes some boundaries with some interesting hops character to be sure! A little more time in the bottle and it will be a very distinctive Amber. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
Revvy

Recipes 

Yeah, I have to make another batch soon. This is definitely a "goto" recipe for me, and one of the few beers I brew that's not one of my own recipes. There's really no need to do one of my own. This is superb!

Old 08-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #40
CrAzYmOuSe
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I cracked my first bottle of this last night. This is a fantastic beer! Very smooth and tasty. I am going to brew it again next weekend. I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good amber.