1st annual Beer tasting in Big Rapids - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > 1st annual Beer tasting in Big Rapids
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4530 Times on 3055 Posts

I didn't think about posting about this before the actual event, so I guess I'll just chime in with my experience. I decided last minute to get a ticket. Someone hinted that Bells was going to be there, and I figured I don't go to enough tastings as it is, so I went. Here's who was there:

Bells
Founders
Arcadia
Atwater
Tri City
Sargeants
Michigan Brewing Company
Shorts
New Holland
Arbor Brewing Company
Mountain Town Station

I think that's the whole list... $18 gets you in with 25 tickets to small samples. Plenty of beer for me!

There were reps from most of the breweries, and a couple of distributors. I got to drop a hint to the owner of the nearby beer store that there are homebrewers out there who could use a good source of basic ingredients. Hope he decides to get back into it.

I also had the distributors say that they would get some special beers into the local beer stores. Things that I cannot find even in a good store like Grunst Brothers.

A good time was had, and I am feeling it this morning!