based on the copious amounts of information here, as well as the permission of SWMBO, i've started to build an electric HERMS system so that i can ditch propane.
i started out building a control box with all the stuff on the "front" of the box. but having borderline OCD when it comes to cable and wire management (as well as being sure all the wiring was secure and attached after closing it), i decided to start over and install everything on the side panels.
it's pretty much the standard stuff others use:
- auber PID and RTD
- omega 25 amp SSR with integral heatsink
- 1500w 120V heater element
- 100 rpm AC gearmotor, coupler, and impeller from mcmaster
- 3 pole distribution block
- 12 or 14 gauge THHN internal wiring
- 20 amp SPST switches for the element, march pump, and mixer
working on the MLT manifold right now. kinda pissed that one of the lights came out off center on the box, but that's what you get for working late into the night in the middle of the week.