Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > My first extract beer - Step by step guide

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
homebrewjapan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default My first extract beer - Step by step guide

Hey,

I've just finished making my first beer which didn't involve a "kit" tin. It's a variation of TheJadedDog's All Amarillo IPA which has received good reviews in the Recipe section of this site, but changed because I can't get the Amarillo hops in Japan.

I've written up the whole process step by step with lots of pics and I'd appreciate your comments on (1) anything I did wrong, (2) how I could improve what I did in future, and (3) any comments which would make this easier to follow for beginners.

All Centennial IPA - Step by Step: How to make an extract beer Homebrew Japan

Big thanks go the TheJadedDog for answering my many newbie PMs and giving me his wisdom. The smell coming from the airlock today is phenomenal.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
Clonefarmer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I enjoyed reading through your process and couldn't find anything to improve upon. It should be pretty easy for beginners to follow.

I have pitched and than realized I needed hydro sample a few times too .

Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
MikeG
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

This is a well done photo journal of the extract brewing process. Very nice.

Two things, I recommend a beer (home brew, commercial, doesn't matter) when brewing and on a serious note, a whisk is great for mixing in DME.