Project Monsterator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, here are the updates.

The freezer is sitting exactly the same way as it was over a month ago. I have officially deemed it dead. Before you close the thread, here are some of the reasons why:

Aroud the same time that I made the hole, I purchased an investment property. It needs basically a full gutting, so a good majority of my spending cash is going towards it. Rather than a new freezer, I bought flooring (tile, laminant, etc.).

I also got the official call that I got a new job :D. This, however, is a bit of an issue:
-The Job is in MA
-I (with my girlfriend) currently live in CT

Because of this, I will end up moving out of CT, and moving back in with my parents. My gf is staying in CT until June (she works at a high school), and from there we will be looking into purchasing a home of our own. Since I'll be living at home, I won't be putting in a 12-tap freezer - They already told me that I can take their old freezer which can hold 3 kegs at a time. Until I move out, that will be the "minimonster".

Once I move out, this project will be up and running again. I also cannot guarantee that it will be in the same iteration as you have seen here. There is a distinct possibility of a better setup than I have currently - only time and imagination will tell.

So that is my story. I will be tearing out all of the work I did to the freezer and throwing it out. My hope is by this time next year I will have a totally new freezer with a new setup. Kind of a crappy way to end the thread, but what can you do :(.

At least I've got a new job, and a new condo, and I'm doing what I want....right?? haha.

Unfortunate about the monstrator, but good to hear that everything else seems to be working out well. I read through all of the posts and it almost brought a tear to my eye when I read that it died. Best of luck at your new job.

Gratz on the good stuff! Sorry to hear about the plaid monster getting killed off, but I am sure your next venture will be just as good, if not better!

Joe,
Again, my condolences but now my congrats!
Good luck with your new job, relocating the gf and your investment property, sounds like your hands are full.

Joe,
Again, my condolences but now my congrats!
Good luck with your new job, relocating the gf and your investment property, sounds like your hands are full.
Yeah, not to mention I have 2 cousins who are engaged, a cousin who is getting married my last day of work, one of my best friends is engaged, etc. etc. It's quite hectic!

Yeah, so those kegs are part of what you're throwing out, right? Because I can give them a good home.
hahaha. The only thing that is getting thrown out is the actual freezer. Everything else is staying.

Man Joe very sorry for your loss, your life time friend and now this kick %@@%&$ freezer project. I have read this thread from start to finish in the last few days and am amazed and what you have done, and am looking forward to everything that the Generation II Monstinator will bring us. I am new to this site, and just wanted to say thanks for the motivation for me to get off my dead butt and build my own medium sized project, and thus upgrading my two keg mini frig system to a full 6 taps with 8+ kegs in 14-16 cuft freezer...so I guess I need to come up with a name and start a thread. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation this was a great read. Best wishes on your current and future endeavors let us know how everything is going!!! All the best.

I feel like I just lost game 7 of the ALCS to the Yankees. I can only imagine what you have gone through. The Bruins must win tonight to stop my tears from flowing. I am in MA let me know if you need any help.

Unfortunately, this project has completely stopped, for now.

For all of 2010 I lived at home with my parents, and built a 2-tap unit that has served well. One sankey, one ball lock tap.

In November of 2010 we moved into our new house. In the past few months we finished the investment property (it's now kick ass!).

Right now the two tap unit is holding down the fort at the house. I only got all of my brewing equipment all back together this past month.

All of the parts are sitting in their boxes waiting to b used someday. I actually found a 25cf unit for 75 bucks about an hour north of my house, but it seems a little rough and nerve-racking.
http://NH.craigslist.org/app/2522596078

Also, with All of the stuff that is going on at the hous I just dot have the spare cash to spend on the lumber, another Johnson a419, or the freezer itself.

What a fun re-read this has been.

Wow, I just spent a long time reading 39 pages...but you prevented me from attaching my regulators to the wall and possibly having 100 lbs of dead freezer in my living room!

Joe, I'm sorry to see the end to all the hard work for ya, but I GREATLY appreciate you posting all along and it will save at least one person from suffering the same fate of the punctured coolant line. Was a very cool build you had going there.

Wow, I just spent a long time reading 39 pages...but you prevented me from attaching my regulators to the wall and possibly having 100 lbs of dead freezer in my living room!
Glad to hear! It definitely sucked...

Tear the guts out of two mini-fridges off craigslist and cut into the unit to mount them. Probably cost you $50 and a little bit of patience.
This was tossed out a few months after I busted it, unfortunately. But that's definitely a good idea!

Joe, I'm sorry to see the end to all the hard work for ya, but I GREATLY appreciate you posting all along and it will save at least one person from suffering the same fate of the punctured coolant line. Was a very cool build you had going there.
Yeah, it was awesome. Looking back I'd love to smack myself upside the head, but the unit itself was pretty rough.
I hope life settles down and you're able to pick this up again soon. Your epic build is an inspiration.
Thanks a ton! As of right now I'm just running a 2 tap setup. The rest of the equipment is sitting in boxes on my shelves in the basement. Someday I will do it again though I promise.

If it’s Joe C. from Kid Rock, then I’ve got bad news...

Uh...if it was Joe C. from Kid Rock he came back from the dead after almost 10 years to start this thread. Pretty cool for a dead guy to put so much effort into building a keezer, when you stop to think about it. :cool:

What a roller coaster of a thread. So did that day ever come?
reviving as I’m selling some kegs…

Unfortunately no. 3 kids later brewing took a back seat. I still have all of the taps and shanks brand new in boxes. I use most of my kegs for seltzer or cold brew.

Someday I’ll pick brewing back up, but for now I just enjoy the fruits of other’s labor :)

Back