Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Tone of this Board and Others

Old 03-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3002 Times on 2909 Posts
Likes Given: 148

Glad you like it here. I have to agree and say it's the most respectful bunch of members I've been part of a forum with. I believe everyone here is intelligent for the most part and has a general mind for science that lets us post based on fact and not emotion. That keeps a lot of the nonsense at bay. But as your Premium-ness knows, there's other benefits that keep us in check in fear of being booted and missing out.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo's mom

Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers View Post
After reading the thread here about the other board's drama (I'm unfamiliar with that board), it made me think about another board I do frequent - beeradvocate.com

For the last couple of months, I've been much less active there, checking in occassionally, but seldom moving past the homepage. Everyone's different, but for the me, the tone was too aggressive and there some folks who were just too superior in their attitudes. I found myself having to make the decision to ignore posts or not, and then found this place.

People here are fun, sometimes crude, but almost never mean-spirited. Really, its a great joy to be able to spend time here. Thanks

Jim

That's the same attitude I got from yet another brewing board, which is why I came here 3 years ago.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #13
Nurmey
I love making Beer

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I agree with Martin Luther aka Pappers, it is a great place and by far the nicest forum I've ever been a member.

Although sometime I am mean spirited. Can't really help it because I was born with the bitch gene that rears its ugly head sometimes but I do try to keep it down as much as possible. OTOH, I don't like shopping. don't bitch or nag my hubby, and I make beer so I can't be that bad.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 6067 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 1559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers View Post
After reading the thread here about the other board's drama (I'm unfamiliar with that board), it made me think about another board I do frequent - beeradvocate.com

For the last couple of months, I've been much less active there, checking in occassionally, but seldom moving past the homepage. Everyone's different, but for the me, the tone was too aggressive and there some folks who were just too superior in their attitudes. I found myself having to make the decision to ignore posts or not, and then found this place.

People here are fun, sometimes crude, but almost never mean-spirited. Really, its a great joy to be able to spend time here. Thanks

Jim
Thanks for the kind words.

I contribute the success of this board to the fact that we drink. You know how some are mellow drunks, some are mean drunks, some are obnoxious drunks, etc? We're what my dad calls "good drunks".

Seriously, some have not liked the moderation (calling it censorship) of the board, but we try hard to have a welcoming and non-threatening environment. People can feel free to post their questions without fear of flaming or snide remarks. I think we all genuinely like each other, and that shows!

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 03-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
Mike M
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I agree, this is a very nice community. Admin and Mods here do a really good job.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #16
TwoHeadsBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You know what? If you can endure us in a religious thread in the debate forum I salute you! I know we can get a bit testy over there, but I found your debate style to be informative and considerate...even if you are wrong . Seriously, good to have you on here...spread the word and bring more brewers like yourself. Cheers and happy friday all!

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 03-27-2009, 11:53 PM   #17
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Liked 5883 Times on 5112 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I think this place is great. That said tho', I'd rather lurk BeerAdvocate (and I do) than RateBeer.

As bad as the BA boards are now, it used to be a LOT worse. I will say that I did notice a lot more sparks flying once BA opened it's doors to RB's.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
DrinksWellWithOthers
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I hang out on the BeerAdvocate forums a little bit (Lawnboy33). There seems to be a lot of snobbery and douchebaggery in the beer forums but the Homebrewing forum isn't as bad. I tend to just help answer noobs' simple questions and offer suggestions and stay out of the drama.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #19
FireBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I used to hang out at BA about 5 or 6 years ago when I first started brewing. Seemed like the biggest attitude problems were the head honchos themselves. **** 'em.

This forum is great and naturally low in douchebags.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
JVD_X
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks and you are welcome.