Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Laid off and nothing to do but read HBT

Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #31
camiller
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Was laid off Dec 7 '07 with 6 months severance. Started the new job Feb 18 '08. Got to double dip for four months. Best of luck to all of you on your job search.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #32
jmiracle

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by llazy_llama View Post
Man, I feel for you guys, I really do. If you're looking for a new job that involves travel, paid food/housing, college tuition, and you're under the age of 38 and have no significant medical problems, let me know. I know of at least 4 companies that will hire you.
they won't fire you however you may get fired upon

Bottled & carbing: Nothin
drinking: Poet on Payday Wee Heavy
gone but not forgotten: Wilford (Oatmeal Stout) Samhain Surprise Porter, J's Mirac-Ale (Brown Ale), Altered Beast Ale (German Alt), Chucks Not Ballys Cali Common, S'Wheat (Honey Weizen), NIHs (Numerous Identical Hefes), Wittler Farms Maple Brown, Failed Experimental Yarrow Beer, O'Mega Red (Irish Red)

Old 03-28-2009, 03:15 AM   #33
eroth
Recipes 

Best of luck to all of you struggling right now. I was laid off in December...the last in my group to go...and it ended up being the best thing to happen to me. I found a better job that I really enjoy a few weeks later, and spent that first paycheck on my starter kit.

The only words of encouragement I can offer is to really stick with the job hunt and don't get too distracted with HBT. There are jobs out there, just a bit more competition. And once you land that job you want, the next batch will taste that much better...

Old 03-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #34
Fat Guy Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have certainly been there more than once. Everyone just keep applying. Apply for anything and everything that is remotely close to what you do. Even if you interview for a job you don't want or doesn't fit at all, its interview practice and it keeps you busy. When you do get a phone call, you will sound more confident because you have been busy.

Brewing: IPA
Fermenting: Oktoberfast
Aging:
Drinking: Fat Guy Porter, Fat Guy Tire, AJ's Raspberry, SWMBO Slayer
Up Next: Xmas Ale

Old 03-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #35
Beau815
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I agree fat guy. Its great practice. Somethings gotta come along soon... im taking the civil service April 4th for correction officer which i don't really like but whatever at least i can use one of my degrees with it, not that you even need one.