Are Vampires just a higher class of zombies? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Are Vampires just a higher class of zombies?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
Chupacabras

Recipes 

Jul 2008
St. John
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Actually in the book "I Am Legend" they were vampires, they ****ed the movie up with the theatrical release because the whole point of the title that by being the last normal human and killing the vampires in the daytime he became the legend that vampire parents told their kids to scare them, like the boogeyman we have in our society. I never saw the DVD release, but apparently it has the proper ending where the vampires confront the scientist and he realizes that he was trying to "cure" the vampires wife, or something to that effect. They only changed the ending because test audiences preferred him going down in a fiery blaze against the mindless creatures, despite all the evidence that the vampires were intelligent (traps set to catch him, pet dogs, etc.) ****ing Hollywood. Check it.

Anyways, getting back to the main point, vampires are true immortality, which is why they are so ****ing cool. Sure you gotta drink blood and come out at night, but you are going to live forever, provided you don't **** up and get a stake in your heart. Zombies are a pale comparison, reanimated dead flesh with most of the mental faculties destroyed, i.e. not true immortality.

Here's a plug for my boss. Check Brewery Lane out if you live in Atlantic Canada.

Reason: a

Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Speaking of Zombies. It has happened again. Big joke, huh? It is all fun and games until it really happens. Then no one will heed the warning.

Warning Quakertown -- 'Zombies Ahead' | NBC Philadelphia
I feel the same way about the cows. o one listens until it's too late.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
Donthoseme
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Anchorage, AK
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

This is deeply disturbing. I am watching Shawn of the Dead right now and i watched Return of the Living Dead 5: Rave to the Grave this morning. As the only member of HBT that owns and runs ZOMBIE BREWING CO i am the only one qualified to say......ZOMBIES EAT THE **** OUT OF VAMPIRES!!! Zombies rule do to thier sheer numbers and determination. DO NOT **** with zombies!

UNDEAD Dunkelweise
Baby Bryce Barleywine
1st Anniversary Ale (Imperial Porter)
Night of The Living Dead Ale (belgian porter) (DECEASED)
Dawn of The Dead Ale (Belgial IPA)(DECEASED)
The Omega Ale (Quad)(DECEASED)

Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 AM   #14
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Liked 269 Times on 134 Posts

Nah, vampires are WAY cooler. Way gayer too, tho. Srsly, there's nothing more weirdly homoerotic than louis and lestat sucking each other's blood. But it was still awesome. Gay zombies are just impossible to watch.

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 04-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #15
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
Actually in the book "I Am Legend" they were vampires, they ****ed the movie up with the theatrical release because the whole point of the title that by being the last normal human and killing the vampires in the daytime he became the legend that vampire parents told their kids to scare them, like the boogeyman we have in our society. I never saw the DVD release, but apparently it has the proper ending where the vampires confront the scientist and he realizes that he was trying to "cure" the vampires wife, or something to that effect. They only changed the ending because test audiences preferred him going down in a fiery blaze against the mindless creatures, despite all the evidence that the vampires were intelligent (traps set to catch him, pet dogs, etc.) ****ing Hollywood. Check it.
What is this "proper ending" nonsense? The book ended in no such way.

They didn't base it off the book anyway, there have been a long list of movies based off that book that were really based off of each other. Apparently screen writers don't read novels.

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #16
Donthoseme
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Anchorage, AK
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The Omega man was a pretty cool remake

UNDEAD Dunkelweise
Baby Bryce Barleywine
1st Anniversary Ale (Imperial Porter)
Night of The Living Dead Ale (belgian porter) (DECEASED)
Dawn of The Dead Ale (Belgial IPA)(DECEASED)
The Omega Ale (Quad)(DECEASED)

Old 04-19-2009, 02:33 AM   #17
bad coffee

Recipes 

Jun 2008
NYC
Liked 480 Times on 469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBrewer View Post
Nah, vampires are WAY cooler. Way gayer too, tho. Srsly, there's nothing more homoerotic than louis and lestat sucking each other. But it was still awesome.
What are you saying DB?

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Wtf was chasing you for an hour? Buy a gun already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I'm a meat hunter. PKU.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:36 AM   #18
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Oakland, CA

I'm trying to say I'm gay. Actually, I'm trying to say I'm a vampire.

****, I'm confused. Where's my accountabilibuddy?

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

Old 04-19-2009, 03:02 AM   #19
kornbread
Recipes 

May 2008
Mayodan, NC
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I like Zombie movies. But, I love Vampire movies. I see the similarities between the two. But, Vampires operate on a whole different level than zombies.

But,What's the deal with the trend in modern Vampire movies making the Vampire into some sort of lovable character. I guess it's ok if their is a little romance in the vampire story. But let's not get carried away. My wife came home the other night with "Twilight". It seems that all of "the girls" at work were talking about it. Man... there's a couple hours of my life that would have been better used working on my collection of dryer lint. These Vampires were able to come out into the sunshine. Did they burst into flames and die? Noooooooooo..... they sparkled. They fricken sparkled! I kid you not.

I miss the good ole days when the vampire was the bad guy. Although, I'm really looking forward to season two of True Blood. Sure there's a love story, but these vampires can be some bad assed, cold blooded, blood suckers. Plus, there's some nice T&A too.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 AM   #20
Buford

Recipes 

Oct 2006
Richmond, VA
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Vampires are a kind of greater undead that have a lot more abilities than your standard zombie. Also, vampires tend to be chaotic evil, as opposed to the neutral evil zombie.

Frankenstein's monster is a flesh golem, which is a construct and not an undead. While it has no Con score like undead, it has construct traits and not undead traits. While being composed of human parts, a cleric's turn undead ability does not affect flesh golems as they are powered through arcane means rather than negative energy.

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion