Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > BEHOLD!!! for I have created... BEER!!
Old 03-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default BEHOLD!!! for I have created... BEER!!

yesterday I bottled my very first beer...
I've been making mostly wines and ciders.
I bought a 5 Extract kit for a belgian wit ale and brewed it according to instructions. Beer goes FAST...

added 2 ounces blueberry essence to the bottling bucket at bottling time. managed to fill 30 500ml bottles, dispite racking losses and a pint and a half lost to blowoff.

the dregs in the bottom of the bottling bucket, I drank in the AM on an empty stomach... guzzled it right out of the bucket... it definitely tastes good, and has Alchohol in it I'd say that was a success.

next up in the beer department will be a an ESB or IPA for SWMBO

In primary: Earl Gray hard cider,
In secondary: Blueberry apple Monster
Bottled: "All apple" Apfelwein, Mixed berry country wine, Kick yer' butt Hard Cider, "All apple" Achtung!Apfelwein, Kumquat mead, "All apple" hard cider.
Drinking: "All Apple" Apfelwein, Mixed Berry Country wine, Blueberry Belgian White ale.

comming to a carboy near you...
Redhook ESB clone
Old 03-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yes, I found bottling beer much easier than wine. I have a benchcapper so I am done in about 20 minutes. I find it easiest to fill the bottles right over the dishwasher.