Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Favorite base grain for IPA
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
lehr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: flushing michigan
Posts: 817
Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

Default Favorite base grain for IPA

What is your favorite base grain for an IPA I hope I'm wording this right for example ( breiss 2 rwo pale) and what you like about it.
I'm going to brew my first batch this weekend and would like some input.

Thanks Pat


lehr is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
RICLARK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RICLARK's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Grand Ledge, Mich
Posts: 2,539
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Marris Otter Makes the beer more Malty.


__________________
OUTLAW ALES

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com
RICLARK is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
lehr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: flushing michigan
Posts: 817
Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Rick I think your name should be quick man your fast.

Thanks Pat
lehr is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Evan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 386
Default

i think it depends on what style of IPA your making, English or American. If you want an American style with a little more malty side, you could try something like 75% of yoru baise grain being 2-row and the other 25% of your base being MO.
Evan is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can base grain be bad? telebrewer All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 44 09-20-2009 06:01 AM
base grain to specialty malt grain ratios DudeBrew All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 7 02-08-2009 07:22 PM
wondering if my base grain is right z987k Recipes/Ingredients 1 03-29-2008 05:13 PM
Base grain fight - ON! Cheesefood All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 43 06-09-2007 08:50 PM
Favorite Base Grain Rhoobarb Recipes/Ingredients 11 06-29-2005 08:33 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS