Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Polar Ware Stainless False Bottom

Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
-Dan-
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Polar Ware Stainless False Bottom

Hey,
I am thinking about investing in a SS false bottom from Polar Ware for their 10gal pot. Does anyone have experience with these Polar Ware bottoms and can recommend it or not?

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Brewmasters Warehouse
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It is very similar to all other false bottoms out on the market and works fine. I used one in my setup and never had any issues.

Ed

Old 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
G-E-R-M-A-N
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is very nice and well made. It is pricey, but has quality. It has very sturdy legs on the bottom for keeping it elevated.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have the 10 gallon Polarware kettle and false bottom. It was one of my first major purchases and I have no regrets. Polarware equipment is well built and rock solid. With reasonable care it should last a lifetime. The false bottom sits about an inch and a half above the bottom of the kettle and there's about one gallon of dead space below it. When I first started brewing I used this kettle as both a mash tun and a boil kettle. Now it is primarily used as a direct fired mash tun. Works very well for me and worth the cost.