Commercial Amarillo IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Looking to brew a primarily Amarillo IPA tomorrow and wanted to know of some commercial brews that primarily use Amarillo, at at least dry hop or end of boil with.

Oh yea, has to be readily found in columbus ohio.

That recipe looks nice, i am looking for more IBU though, like probably 2-3x more. I am looking to do something around 100-120ibu. I think i am going with Columbus for bittering (out of magnum) and Amarillo at 30, 20, 10 and 5 minutes with a dry hop. That should do the trick!!

I am on my way to get some boulder's Mojo (with Amarillo and Centennial), if i like the mix, i may use some Centennial too.

edit: looked and Rouge's Yellow Snow IPA is with Amarillo only. Went and picked one up. Def has a lot of orange flavor coming though at finish. Too much pure orange flavor me thinks :) I think i am going to do a mix of Amarillo, Centennial and Cascade for flavor and aroma hops then dry hop with Centennial and Amarillo.

I also think something is not quite right with the ROgue Yellow Snow. I love their beers but this one doesn't seem up to par for them.

Latest posts

Back