Never Talk To A Cop... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Never Talk To A Cop...

Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts

Must see site:

Law prof and cop agree: never ever ever ever ever ever ever talk to the cops about a crime, even if you're innocent - Boing Boing

Old 03-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Aleforge

Recipes 

May 2007
Wentzville, Missouri
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks for the video!
PRIMARY - Orange Blossom Mead

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Old 03-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

Yeah. I just spent about 45 minutes watching these. Pretty much just reiterated what I already knew. Never, ever, ever, ever talk to the police. You are legally required to provide identification, and nothing else.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Brooklyn
Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Just Say 'No' to Police Searches | FlexYourRights.org

ALWAYS know your rights.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
schneemann

Recipes 

Jun 2008
AA County, MD
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Here's a crazy idea: Never do anything that will draw a cop's attention. Never hang out with people who draw cops' attention. Never go to places that require a cop's attention.

Seriously, my interaction with the police took a serious decrease in frequency when I stopped hanging out with stupid douchebags who had to act ****ed up every 10 seconds they were in public.
Drinkin - Bombsight Oatmeal Stout, 57 Minute IPA

Zazzle Crap | BombSight Brewery at CafePress | Brewstand Build | Schmidling MaltMill Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
I, Hoss, hereby profess that Master shneemann holds all the answers and is right, even when wrong, and that I humble myself before his vastly superior intellect. :mug:

Old 03-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann View Post
Here's a crazy idea: Never do anything that will draw a cop's attention. Never hang out with people who draw cops' attention. Never go to places that require a cop's attention.

Seriously, my interaction with the police took a serious decrease in frequency when I stopped hanging out with stupid douchebags who had to act ****ed up every 10 seconds they were in public.
Sadly, doesn't always work.

Sometimes, especially in smaller towns or close communities, you can have real problems with even just 1 or 2 cops that are just ********.

Also, this has NOTHING to do with not going wrong things, but even if you have NEVER broken a single law in your life you should NEVER give up your rights. If everyone does that, then we don't live in the USofA any longer.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann View Post
Yeah! Never dress in any manner that might get you confused with someone else. Never be an African American male wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Seriously, you don't have to do anything to have a police officer come up and ask you questions. Sometimes it's just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hell, I've been pulled over because my car "matched the description of a stolen vehicle." Yeah, I'm sure I'm the only one on the road with a dark colored 4-door SUV.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
GranillaNutz
Recipes 

Dec 2008
the dirty south

try pleading the fifth to a new orleans police officer... after a few sprays of mace, a couple of whacks with a billy club and a german shepherd gnawing on ur arm and a cop that's probably more ghetto than most of the thugs in the city is constantly screeming in ur ear "OH YOU A SMART MUTHA F'ER HUH, U A LAWYER OR SOMTHIN HUH" you'll wish u would've said something... now you're renderd with a jaw wired shut and a swollen rectum. round here N.O.P.D. stands for "not our problem dood"
"Sometimes when i reflect back on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then i look into the glass and think about all the workers in the brewery and all their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work, and their dreams would be shattered. Then i say to myself, "it's better that i drink this beer and let their dreams come true than to be selfish and worry about my liver."" -jack handy

Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
Brooklyn-Brewtality
Four Beasts Brewery

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranillaNutz View Post
try pleading the fifth to a new orleans police officer... after a few sprays of mace, a couple of whacks with a billy club and a german shepherd gnawing on ur arm and a cop that's probably more ghetto than most of the thugs in the city is constantly screeming in ur ear "OH YOU A SMART MUTHA F'ER HUH, U A LAWYER OR SOMTHIN HUH" you'll wish u would've said something... now you're renderd with a jaw wired shut and a swollen rectum. round here N.O.P.D. stands for "not our problem dood"
Hey man, I grew up in NYC. Amadou Diallo, Sean Bell, Abner Louima... trust me, I know that come cities have ****ty cops that do horrible things. But you can't give in because of that.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranillaNutz View Post
Then you get a lawyer, contact the ACLU, sue the hell out of the police department, and you're set for life. Honestly though, I really doubt that this is an accurate representation of New Orleans police. Just out of curiosity, how old are you?