Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Weasel Boy Brewing

Old 03-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Weasel Boy Brewing

This is the NHC drop off/ship to location for my region (KY/OH/WV/MD/DC). It's about 2 hours from me, so I'm thinking about just driving down there to dropoff my beers and sample their brews.

The only mention of food that I see on their website is this:

Meanwhile, grab a pizza and come on in to enjoy our full line-up of fresh
brewed craft beer served to you by our friendly staff. Cheers!

I'm guessing this means that they don't serve any food, but that there's a pizza place right next to them?

Old 08-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
leapinglords
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus View Post
This is the NHC drop off/ship to location for my region (KY/OH/WV/MD/DC). It's about 2 hours from me, so I'm thinking about just driving down there to dropoff my beers and sample their brews.

The only mention of food that I see on their website is this:

Meanwhile, grab a pizza and come on in to enjoy our full line-up of fresh
brewed craft beer served to you by our friendly staff. Cheers!

I'm guessing this means that they don't serve any food, but that there's a pizza place right next to them?
Weasel Boy is a really solid brewery. From the impression I got, it seems their aim is to introduce and excite people to the world of craft brewing. Zanesville is somewhat of a backwoods, Bud Light loving city, so it would have to take a bit of kid gloving to ease that community into this sort of thing. The beer is nothing extraordinary nor innovative in any way, but I'm pretty certain that's by design. What they do, they do well.

Pizza is done in house. When I was there, I noticed a tiny little pizza oven behind the bar serving as their "kitchen." I think the dough is made from scratch, and the toppings made to order, but I could be mistaken.

Here's a good article on Weasel Boy: LifeEpicurean.com » Good Boy: Weasel Boy’s Lori Wince Talks Craft Beer

Old 08-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I had forgotten all about this post. I ended up shipping my entries to NHC, but I did go to Weasel Boy to judge in the first round and I'd agree with your assessment of their beers. The three that I had were all very good, but none of them were what I would call outstanding.

Jay and Lori do deserve some kudos for creating some unique beers (I had a black IPA when I was there) in an area that isn't exactly a beer metropolis.

If I'm that way again I wouldn't hesitate to stop in for a pint or 2. The Wince's were very cordial and open about their beers and recipes.