GRABASS: multi-brew weekend - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > GRABASS: multi-brew weekend

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #21
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Posts: 10,987
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
Saturday's out of the question for me, and I'd only tentatively be able to drop off the fryer. I'm probably going to watch the England/Portugal match at 11 and then we have a yard party to go to after that.
Bummer.

I think Sunday is out of the question, though, isn't it (b/c of rain)? (You're deck is not covered is it, Jeff?)

I've got a patio that is covered if we wanted to consider brewing at my house on Sunday.

Fooey! We're so close to having something organized here, too!

-walker
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #22
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Baron von BeeGee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Posts: 5,397
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts


Frankly, I wouldn't worry too much about the chance of rain Sunday unless it becomes inevitable. Just the normal pattern around here this time of year and anything would just pass by. Of course, I don't want to be hung in effigy (or person) if it does rain.

Edit...weather.com says mostly sunny with a 20% chance of rain.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #23
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Posts: 10,987
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
Frankly, I wouldn't worry too much about the chance of rain Sunday unless it becomes inevitable. Just the normal pattern around here this time of year and anything would just pass by. Of course, I don't want to be hung in effigy (or person) if it does rain.
Ok.

Jeff... whadaya think? Screw the forecast and plan for a Sunday afternoon brew session at your house?

-walker

ninja edit: i posted before billy updated with the 20% chance of rain thing. seems like a reasonable gamble.
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #24
Boston
 
Boston's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Cary, NC
Posts: 1,255
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
Saturday's out of the question for me, and I'd only tentatively be able to drop off the fryer. I'm probably going to watch the England/Portugal match at 11 and then we have a yard party to go to after that.

OK, let's go back to Sunday.....10% chance of rain for most of the day, chance of t'storms developing later in the day. 93 F. with partly cloudy skies.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #25
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Posts: 10,987
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONBREWIN'
OK, let's go back to Sunday.....10% chance of rain for most of the day, chance of t'storms developing later in the day. 93 F. with partly cloudy skies.
Ok.. Sunday it is!

Now... what time?
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #26
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Baron von BeeGee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Posts: 5,397
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts


I also have a freestanding sunshade I can bring that does a reasonable job in rain so we could protect the gear if need be.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #27
Boston
 
Boston's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Cary, NC
Posts: 1,255
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san
Ok.

Jeff... whadaya think? Screw the forecast and plan for a Sunday afternoon brew session at your house?

-walker

ninja edit: i posted before billy updated with the 20% chance of rain thing. seems like a reasonable gamble.
SUNDAY NOONISH?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #28
Boston
 
Boston's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Cary, NC
Posts: 1,255
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
I also have a freestanding sunshade I can bring that does a reasonable job in rain so we could protect the gear if need be.
Yeah, baby, giveaway at Harris Teeter?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #29
Boston
 
Boston's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2006
Cary, NC
Posts: 1,255
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


The things we could accomplish if it weren't for wives and children!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:24 PM   #30
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Walker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Posts: 10,987
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONBREWIN'
SUNDAY NOONISH?
I'm supposed to go furniture shopping on Sunday. The plan is to do that sunday morning, but I'm waiting for SWMBO to get back to me with an actual plan so that I can figure out what time I would be able to make it to Jeff's place.

-walker
__________________
Ground Fault Brewing Co.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What should I brew this weekend? Trencher Recipes/Ingredients 3 09-28-2009 05:26 PM
What did you brew this weekend? Benjibbad General Beer Discussion 32 06-03-2009 02:28 AM
My Brew Weekend bashe General Beer Discussion 6 12-15-2008 06:24 AM
GRABASS Brew Fest Walker South East Homebrew Forum 95 11-14-2006 03:33 AM
Big Brew Weekend El Pistolero General Beer Discussion 19 11-22-2005 05:23 PM


Forum Jump